cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had a BK 13 fall off their reports early?

tag
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone had a BK 13 fall off their reports early?

@Anonymous wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

I filed BK13 on 5/31/11.  It was discharged Aug. 2016.  It's due to fall off my reports in May of this year.  I'm hoping to hear feedback from anyone who has had a BK13 fall of their reports earlier than exactly 7 years.  If so, about how early.  Thanks for any information you can share.

I filed in August 2011 and was discharged August/September 2016 (can't remember off the top of my head the exact month.).  I request an early exclusion with TU this month and the BK13 was removed in less than 24 hours.  I plan to do the same with EQ and EX around May/June.

You should definitely do an EE request with TU.  It's almost guaranteed to come off now.  

How did you get it removed so early?  Isn't that 8/9 months early?  I thought they would only do 6 months early?  Maybe I am looking at your post wrong.

I just asked to be honest!  There are alot of posts where TU has removed earlier than 6 months timeline.  There's a lot of good information on here regarding early exclusions.  I just wish things were as easy with Experian and Equifax!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 11 of 16
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Here's my update.  Last night I requested an early exclusion of my discharged ch.13 from all 3 CRA.  About 15 hours later, TU deleted the BK from my credit report!  Wow!  Hopefully I'll hear from EX and EQ soon!

Yay!!  So good to hear that!  Congrats and I hope you receive a good credit score boost!

Thanks!   About how long before I see a change in my credit score?  I logged onto CK, and though the BK no longer shows, my TU score through CK did not change at all.  I know that's not a real FICO score.  I get my TU from Synchrony.  My score has not changed at all and it still shows that there is a public record on my CR.

Message 12 of 16
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Another update...no-go with EX.  They say the item will remain on my report.  February will be 3 months before it should fall off on its own.  I will try again at the end of the month.

Message 13 of 16
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Here's my update.  Last night I requested an early exclusion of my discharged ch.13 from all 3 CRA.  About 15 hours later, TU deleted the BK from my credit report!  Wow!  Hopefully I'll hear from EX and EQ soon!

Yay!!  So good to hear that!  Congrats and I hope you receive a good credit score boost!

Thanks!   About how long before I see a change in my credit score?  I logged onto CK, and though the BK no longer shows, my TU score through CK did not change at all.  I know that's not a real FICO score.  I get my TU from Synchrony.  My score has not changed at all and it still shows that there is a public record on my CR.

Immediately after I received notification from TU that the BK was removed, I got my report from CCT.  I was so anxious to see how the removal affected my score.  It went from 679 to 767!  Well worth that $1 to CCT and the hassle of cancelling before the 7 days!  LOL!

My CK score changed quickly as well but I'm not sure of the exact time frame since I was mesmerized on the FICO score from CCT!

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 14 of 16
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Another update...no-go with EX.  They say the item will remain on my report.  February will be 3 months before it should fall off on its own.  I will try again at the end of the month.

I'm not surprised regarding EX.  Along with EQ, they seem to be more apt to stick to the 3 month timeline.  My 3 months is not until May.  I can't wait until the two remaining CR's are clean!

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 15 of 16
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

I'm not surprised regarding EX.  Along with EQ, they seem to be more apt to stick to the 3 month timeline.  My 3 months is not until May.  I can't wait until the two remaining CR's are clean!

Thanks for all your insight!  I'm really hoping for a significant bump.  2 mos. early with EX will be February and 1 month early for EQ will be April.  I'm vey excited to see significant improvement.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.