cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have my meeting July 15

tag
Irelandsown716

Have my meeting July 15

Have my meeting downtown for my filing next week. I'm a bit nervous as to what to expect. Any reason for me to be!?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Re: Have my meeting July 15

It's ok to be nervous. I sure was. The trustee may ask you a couple questions regarding your BK. Good Luck and I wish you lots of success in rebuilding. You'll do fine

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 2 of 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I was first on the docket - and was more nervous that my attorney was not there right away - but he was fine.

I was asked five questions - 30 seconds max - and was done.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 5
TryingtoRebuild2

Unless you have something to worry about (hiding assets or something like that) there isn't anything to worry about. That being said, I was a nervous wreck going in to it, even though we had a no asset case with a great attorney! He suggested we get there early enough to hear a few cases before ours was called, and I can tell you some people had maybe 10 or so minutes of questions if they were reaffirming loans, or had assets. Ours was about 8 questions long, and the our trustee was very pleasant. Afterwards I was so relieved and felt like I could breath for the first time in months! Good luck with everything!

Message 4 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I was very nervous seeing the trustee standing there with handcuffs and all! Just kidding ... anticipation is much worse than what will actually be.

All the best through the process and the discharge. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.