Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven Act (Veterans)

tag
ghostVetFL
New Contributor

Haven Act (Veterans)

I wanted to know if any veterans were successful in switching from CH 13 to CH 7 using the Haven Act? Also, if any of you had arrearage on your mortgage, were you able to get a modification for your home or have the opportunity to catch your back arrearage so that you could keep your home? 

We are considering switching ourselves, but wanted to know if anyone had success. Our lawyer said that it's easy to get modifications right now on federal loans (VA) because of the federal hold on foreclosure.. (CARES Act) (Covid) & also because Florida has a hold on foreclosures as well. He thinks we would save a lot of money if we switch now, so we seriously considering it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jaxkando

Re: Haven Act (Veterans)

I switched from Ch 13 to Ch 7 using the Haven Act. It was really easy. I filed for chapter 13 in May of 2019. I converted to a CH 7 in June of 2020. 

Message 2 of 3
Jaxkando

Re: Haven Act (Veterans)

Yes, I had the opportunity to catch my mortgage up prior to my MOC. The clerk sent me 2 of my checks back and I used one to catch up my mortgage. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.