Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Everyone my name is Dave

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone my name is Dave

Hello everyone my name is Dave 934

I been viewing my FICO As a guest for 5 years i  try to study every post and topic on credit and bankruptcy.

and learned a lot about credit.Now i decided to join and introduce myself to the forum.

Because Due to my mother dying at 83 years old.from lewy body dementia.

She was very close to me,so my life drasticly changed i went from a Fico credit score 0f 791 EXp down to 546 because of chapter 7,i filed on Jan,14 2018

had creditors meeting on Feb 13 ,i got to keep my house all paid for. Thank heavens, no mortage.So my Lawyer Charged me $1750.00 dollars.

And it was worth every penny i paid.I bankrupted $45,000 in credit cards. medical bills,and i do not feel sorry at all for my self i paid for the funerial,and all moms treatment that insurance would not pay, that was a lot of money right there upfront.

She did not make it to christmas .She died dec 14,2016,Then i fell this winter on the ice,and cracked my spine so bad, i can not do much physical work now.

so i have to rebuild my spirit and my credit life,I am financely going to get there in time,i am not ashamed of  bankruptcy at all.

It;s a new life that will get better with time. My Lawyer said do not apply for  any cards or loans till my chapter 7 is discharged,I will do what he said i had perfect payment history before  i filed,credit report is going crazy everyday while accounts updat,e i am on workmans comp at the moment.I am sorrry for the long post but this is my first step.Thank You all for these posts over the years I read 99% of them every evening.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Hello Everyone my name is Dave

Glad you decided to create an account and share your story. You are definitely in a good spot for support and knowledge. Good job to you for not giving up and continuing to push through.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum Dave! Here’s to a speedy recovery and credit rebuild! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i love long posts. It makes it easier to understand than shorted vague post personally. I hope this site works wonders for you !

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the welcome i  really enjoyed this place,lots of treasured advice,I follow a lot of it.

This is going to be a new year for me and i have no worrys about credit at the moment.Going to wait for my discharge before i do anything

I just wanted to let everyone know that i really enjoyed the posts and advice from Myfico..

and maybe bring hope to others that bankruptcy brought on  by unforseen life events.

that are beyond your control.

Credit can be given to you all again.

Others have been in pain and fear for no reason.I am taking my rebuild one day at a time.I am single no kids 54 years old worked hard all my life and i will not let a little setback like bankruptcy keep me down.

Even through the pain of losing a loved one hurt so much i must move on with life.

That gives me the strenght of going on with life no matter where it takes us.

I will get credit again once i get back on my feet.but until then i will keep reading every post  and take the advice given here. 

Myfico is the best tool out there for all to use. You can rebuild your life and your family's life back from the pits of bankruptcy.

I am sorry for long posts but i will be here in the background learning all i can till it is time to clean credit report.and remember you must heal yourselfs first.Before your credit report, it will always be there.

Thank you all again for  warm welcome.

David

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dave,

Like you I've been reading and learning from the forums on this site. This is my first post on here... I just felt compeled to say I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I've recently filed as well and though it was scary at first, I realized how the refief made it so worth it. I'm sorry to hear about everything you've had to endure... still I hope things for you get better in time. Good luck with your future endevours and as always I know the good people of myfico forums are here to help.

Message 6 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Your positivity alone will take you places. It’s amazing
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.