cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help removing addresses post Bankruptcy?

tag
Zach100

Help removing addresses post Bankruptcy?

I'm one month post bankruptcy and I'm trying to clean up my file, mostly addresses and telephone numbers. EQ and TU were easy. Experian was easy with phone numbers. But they won't let me remove addresses of family members because they are "linked to a creditor". EX says I need to contact each creditor to have them change the address on file to my address. What happened was, when covid hit, I lost my business and I basically avoided creditors thinking they would go away. So they started sending bills to family members. They even added my family members phone numbers to my report. Anyways, EX app and calling them won't let me remove 4 out of 5 addresses. What can I do? Should I contact each creditor? I

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Help removing addresses post Bankruptcy?

@Zach100 wrote:

I'm one month post bankruptcy and I'm trying to clean up my file, mostly addresses and telephone numbers. EQ and TU were easy. Experian was easy with phone numbers. But they won't let me remove addresses of family members because they are "linked to a creditor". EX says I need to contact each creditor to have them change the address on file to my address. What happened was, when covid hit, I lost my business and I basically avoided creditors thinking they would go away. So they started sending bills to family members. They even added my family members phone numbers to my report. Anyways, EX app and calling them won't let me remove 4 out of 5 addresses. What can I do? Should I contact each creditor? I

This is a NOTORIOUS problem with EX.   You can try to go back to the original creditors, but I'm not sure even that will work.   I have some apps on EX where I did a typo, and they will not remove it.   The only way I was able to remove old addresses was when the accounts associated with those addresses aged off.   They are a PITA.   But you can try.

Message 2 of 3
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Help removing addresses post Bankruptcy?

Wow... didn't know that.  ^

Will keep that in mind the next time I look at my reports.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.