Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with raising credit scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with raising credit scores

I was discharged last year in February and applied for my Wells Fargo secured card and April with a 300 limit. Credit score at the time was about 540 if I remember correctly. Shortly after I applied for credit one credit card which was approved for 300 as well. Around the same time frame I opened my cap one platinum credit limit of 500. I applied a month later with my credit union for an auto loan which I got a 4.13 apr and a credit card with 500 limit. Fast forward to now I have 624 FICO 8 for Transunion, 644 for Experian and 655 for Equifax. Now I want to know how to push my scores or how to garden properly. I have many inquiries now because I want higher limits. 24 on Experian, 8 on Transunion and 6 on Equifax. Mostly because I want a cash back or a travel credit card.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with raising credit scores

Do you have any balances reporting on those cards?  If so then how much?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

$1 on capital one lol.
I have child support reporting but I always pay that - 448
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
$1 on capital one lol.
I have child support reporting but I always pay that - 448

Well okay....utilization isn't a scoring issueSmiley Very Happy  Inquiries may be on your record for 2 years but they become unscorable after 1 year.  Not sure when those pulls were.  Why so many on Experian and not the others?  There are online prequals that are only soft pulls.  You may want to try to see if anything pops up.  I would keep checking monthly.  I know many creditors that would at least prefer to see 1 year post discharge.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just get trigger happy with these credit applications! I’ve been trying to get in with the major banks for a good travel card and that was my mistake added like 6 inquiries in the last month looking for an approval. Equifax I don’t know of any company that will pull my equifax report
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve did the most apps last month trying to get into the big banks only to find out it was a waste of hard pulls. I was doing it to find a good travel card but it was a waste lol. I’m also thinking of closing wells and credit one.
Message 6 of 7
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

You should use the four cc's and auto loan to continue building a solid credit history.Hold off on apps for the time being.You will get better rewards cards down the line,but it takes time.As far as higher limits the more on time payments and more charges you have on any account generally the more credit line increase they will give you.You can ask for a cli every six months almost any account.Oh yeah before you fill out any apps in the future use the AZEO method this works great.  GOOD LUCK...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.