Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Everyone, just looking for clarification if possible

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi Everyone, just looking for clarification if possible

Hi @ballysdad,

Not sure what a ride through is but what i did was before i filed i printed out my statement, because you lose online access, and set up bill pay through my bank as suggested by Firemedic1. Then once i filed at my 341 meeting we reaffirmed my cap 1 loan. The company that services the cap1 loans during BK is American Infosource, I did call them once my the reaffirmation was signed and set in to make sure all was good. They stated that cap1 would get the loan back for them to service and online access would be restored once the bk was discharged. Mine was discharged on 3/18/2018 and I still have no access but after more research it looks like it take 3 - 4 weeks for online access to be restored and it to start reporting again.

For the payments I have had no issues with them being posted to the account as I called on the first one to make sure it was, but yea bill pay was so simple, I think you can also call infosource and make a payment but did not want to do it that way. Hopes this helps and its so long.

Message 11 of 14
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the reply. Did you just keep making payments to Capitol One on auto pay? How did you know to contact American infosource?

a ride through is where you do not re affirm but keep current payments on loan.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ballysdad,

No you cant use the online auto pay, it will be canceled once you file BK7 not sure on 13, American infosource I believe is there collection company or bk handling company, they do not show up on the loan until you file and lose online access then it will show them servicing you loan. You will have to use Bill pay or call them each month or I guess you could mail a check to, now if you do the ride through you will never have online access and will either have to bill pay, mail or call i believe and it will not show up on your credit report, that's the info i was given, hope this helps. I reaffirmed mine as I needed it for my business and my interest rate was only 5% plus I wanted it to show on my credit report as I have never missed a payment.

Message 13 of 14
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

excellent info thank you for taking the time! stay safe

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.