Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Balance

tag
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

High Balance

I know after your BK7 has been discharged, accounts are supposed to reflect a $0 balance with the description included in bankruptcy.  However, I'm just looking at Transunion right now and it doesn't list a current balance, so that's not an issue but is it supposed to list the high balance as $0 as well?  Amex is the only one that lists the high balance as $0, but the others are listing the last balance before bankruptcy, so I'm wondering if I need to dispute that.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: High Balance

Should be 0 balance. High balance is when you had the card before BK. It can take up to 30 days after DC for everything to settle down if it was recent.

Message 2 of 5
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

It's been 32 days.  So should I dispute since it shows a balance under high balance, or is that info technically correct on my credit report?

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

High balance isnt the balance owed. That was DC'ed. The place where its says balance as you said had no info and was blank should be zippo or blank. So your fine.

Message 4 of 5
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Awesome, thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.