Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Loans

Any-banks approve a home loan after 6 months discharge. I now have some positive lines a car and a small credit card . I’m moving my score with those.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home loan approval

Seeking information about home loans approval 6 months after bk is discharged.
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Home Loans

Due to it being just 6 months, then if it's a Ch 13 BK discharge you'll have more options than if it was a Ch 7.   

With less than 2 years after a Ch 13 BK discharge then FHA or VA financing will usually offer the most attractive loan terms. 

After a Ch 7 BK discharge, you'll need to wait 2 years for an FHA mortgage and 4 years for Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac conventional options... but if you are unable to wait then there are conventional loan programs that will qualify you 1 day out of a Ch 7 BK discharge, but they'll have less attractive loan terms and will require larger down payments/equity.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.