Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home owners insurance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home owners insurance

Are there any insurance companies that will cover my home now that I'm in BK7? I just received a letter that my current provider is dropping me due to bankruptcy. They are a smaller company.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home owners insurance

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a company name.  But I do know that if you shop around.  You will find someone.

Couple of years ago, I was denied insurance on a car I cosigned with my daughter at the insurance company I had used for over 20 years because of credit issues I had after my divorce.  

I was lucky and just went to Usaa and got it that same day.  

Message 2 of 5
nettie
Valued Member

During my chapter 13,  I had homeowner insurance with Travelers.  My homeowner insurance skyrocketed after 1 year and I was able to acquire a new policy with GEICO/ CENTAURI SPECIALTY INS COMPANY.  Give GEICO a call. The rate was ok.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about that.  Sounds like the perfect time to shop around.  Hopefully it all works out and you end up getting a better deal all around with your new company.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, instead of you shopping around yourself call an insurance broker and they will shop around for you. I did that, and was able to drop my mortgage insurance and add earthquake insurance and still save $600 a year. I was able to also switch my cars over to the same company, and I got better coverage for less than what I was paying through Country Financial.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.