Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda financial after Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honda financial after Bankruptcy

Hello All,

My hubby filed a chapter 13 and decided to continue to pay Honda Financial outside of the bankrupcy so he can keep his credit status current on his car account. Now its about 2 months post confirmation and Honda has removed the account completely from his credit report. Has anybody else experienced this with Honda and if so have you had any luck getting them to credit report again since they are not technically included in the bankruptcy? Thank you in advance for your input.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Honda financial after Bankruptcy

Thats how it works, in my case they deleted one and stopped reporting on other and shows IIB. There is nothing you can do other then refi, to get it to report.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooleman,

Thank you for responding so quickly. May I ask what chapter you filed was it a 7 or a 13?

Message 3 of 11
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I filed a chapter 13. During and after all reporting stopped. Even some accounts all payment history went bye bye before the file date.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

My hubby filed a chapter 13 and decided to continue to pay Honda Financial outside of the bankrupcy so he can keep his credit status current on his car account. Now its about 2 months post confirmation and Honda has removed the account completely from his credit report. Has anybody else experienced this with Honda and if so have you had any luck getting them to credit report again since they are not technically included in the bankruptcy? Thank you in advance for your input.

Yes, same thing happened with me also.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed chapter 7 almost a year ago and reafirmed with Honda to keep the vehicle and also the credit reporting to help rebuild payment history. I have never been behind on a payment.  I realized a couple of months ago it no longer showed on my credit report, like it never existed.

I called Honda and asked what the deal was, they said they just made a rule they will no longer report any loan to the credit bureau's for people who have filled bankruptcy whether it was reafirmed or not.

It sucks, but I guess if you are late paying a car payment in the future at any time you don't have to worry about it being reported late.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

A word about Honda Lease after BK7.  They allowed to keep the car under lease without reaffirmation so long as payments are timely. However, if you want to extend or buy out the lease through them, they will not allow.  Also, they report the account as discharged and/or remove entirely from credit report and will no longer send statements or take payment on the website.

Message 7 of 11
neoanderson1
Valued Member

I'm curious, what happens if the loan has already been charged off? Do they allow you to reaffirm a charged off note?

Discover More:12,5k
Bank of America 1,2,3 8500
Amex Delta Gold: 1000
Chase Freedom: 3500 Gardening til Jan 2017
Message 8 of 11
Hershey_Kiss
Established Member

Honda deleted their tradeline all together after my Chap 7 discharge.
Starting scores: EQ 564 TU 580 EX 530
Chap 7 BK filed 1/17/2018
341 Meeting 2/20/2018
BK discharged 4/27/2018

Scores day of DC: EQ 629 TU 598 EX 566
Current Fico 8 EQ 701 TU 660 EX 691
Goal by EOY: 700 across the board

In wallet: Cap One Plat ($1550) Discover It ($6000) Cap One QS ($3800) Cap One Venture One ($7500)
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

He filed a 13 so not paying was not an option. Paying outside of the plan allowed his bankruptcy to be a shorter term. It actually worked out for him. He opened a credit builder loan to replace the installment loan. His scores soared and his debt to income ratio is better.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.