Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How BK friendly is Barclays??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How BK friendly is Barclays??

Thanks for everyones opinions and experiences.

Pizza

Message 11 of 22
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

Is there a particular Barclaycard that is easier to get post BK? Such as the Rewards Master Card versus the Apple branded rewards card. 

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 12 of 22
Scupra
Super Contributor

@nykos5000 wrote:

Is there a particular Barclaycard that is easier to get post BK? Such as the Rewards Master Card versus the Apple branded rewards card. 

Not much help as the Apple card is the only easier one I have heard of. I know the NFL card was popular for a bit and seemed like many were approved

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the positive input on Barclays. I'm a little over 5 months post D.C. CH13. I have a Dillard's Wells Fargo and was hoping to get a CLI, but have read in this forum that Dillard's Wells Fargo is not an easy CLI to get plus they do a HP if you ask. I'm reluctant right now to have any more HPs, but would like some additional credit.sounds like a better strategy would be to apply for a Barclays card instead of a CLI on the Dillard's Wells Fargo, that is, if I decide to allow another HP. 

Message 14 of 22
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@nykos5000 wrote:

The Rewards MC has been closed to new apps for some time. Too bad, it's a nice rewards card - I use it only for the 2% rewards spending. I've read that the Apple card is one of their easier card, good if you buy Apple products. Also the NFL card, but rewards are only good if you buy NFL merchandise and/or game tickets. I had the NFL card with a great starting limit, but just used it for the 18 month 0% BT to payoff a Prosper loan, when the BT was paid off I app'ed for Cashforward and closed & moved the NFL CL to it. I would think Cashforward is reasonably easy to get as it's Barclays newest card and most CC companies are eager to push their newest card. Cashforward has 1.5% rewards on everything but you need to spend alot on it as you need $50 in rewards to redeem them.

Barclays has been an excellent rebuilder for me, BK7 in 2010, got the Rewards MC in Oct. 2011 (never did business with them before, so they were not IIB). I now have $16.2K CL between Rewards MC & Cashforward, but I'm about ready to move on from them - I have better reward cards now, they keep shutting down their better cards and are heavily into travel rewards/co-branded cards and I rarely travel these days, been there, done that.

Message 15 of 22
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

I applied at the 6 month mark and they denied me for lack of establishment post DC.  I think I've reestablished quite a bit with two auto loans (one paid off) and two credit cards. I suppose I'll try again in 3-4 months. 

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 16 of 22
professorr
Regular Contributor

how are they if THEY were IIB?  I'm guessing the same as cap one, they just start over too.  I know I included them for a few 1k's.  They were my well liked too.   NAVY won't talk to me but don't blame them, they tried coming after me with lawsuit and I fought it  but just came time for the final axe.   Navy fed was great to until the end when I tried to work out something. and they said sorry they don't play game.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@professorr wrote:

how are they if THEY were IIB?  I'm guessing the same as cap one, they just start over too.  I know I included them for a few 1k's.  They were my well liked too.   NAVY won't talk to me but don't blame them, they tried coming after me with lawsuit and I fought it  but just came time for the final axe.   Navy fed was great to until the end when I tried to work out something. and they said sorry they don't play game.

I am not finding them to be friendly after being IIB. Two years post d/c, I get automatically denied for their products without a hard pull.

My most heavily used card pre BK was the JetBlue Amex. I was hoping to get the JetBlue plus card w/ Barclays, but alas, no dice.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - Did you end up applying for the card? Let us know, will help others here on stats for approval with ch7.

Message 19 of 22
creditmonger
Contributor

My BK13 was DC only a month or so and was approved for a Rewards w 3k SL. Six months later I apped for the Jett Blue and was approved for 6k. 

Transferred the rewards CL to the JB and closed it. 

Hope that helps. 

BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.