Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How am I doing at this point?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How am I doing at this point?

@CashBackQueen wrote:
Thanks Morpho! I think I found the problem. There is an account that claims it was opened a year after my bankruptcy, but it shows it was included in my BK. How is that possible? It's making it look like a fresh collection. And to make it worse, I've told this company for years that it is not even my account! Someone used my name at a hospital I've never been to but they wouldn't remove it.

The other error codes say high loan balance (my student loan 😣) and short account history (AAoA 4 years, 11 months). Then of course the BK itself, and my old accounts were late before filing.

Google "HIPAA dispute process". You will find instructions on how to deal with medical collections on your report. I can't link to it here because it is agianst the forum policy.

Since this debt is not yours if you follow the process at some point they will be unable to prove it is your debt. This process forces them to produce documents that prove it is your debt.

I have to warn you it is a bit long and drawn out. It took me 4 rounds of letters but in the end it was about a 40 point boost.

Message 11 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CashBackQueen wrote:
Thanks Morpho! I think I found the problem. There is an account that claims it was opened a year after my bankruptcy, but it shows it was included in my BK. How is that possible? It's making it look like a fresh collection. And to make it worse, I've told this company for years that it is not even my account! Someone used my name at a hospital I've never been to but they wouldn't remove it.

The other error codes say high loan balance (my student loan 😣) and short account history (AAoA 4 years, 11 months). Then of course the BK itself, and my old accounts were late before filing.

You can dispute this. No negative info can be listed after filing. This company is violating the BK laws. Send in your DC papers to the CRA and the schedule that lists this company as adebt that was DC'ed. You can also file a complaint with the CFPB to have it removed. And contact your lawyer this happened and they can file a ceast and exist letter and the courts will reward you with a $1000 plus lawyer fees for the infraction.

The sticking point is why would an account that isnt yours was IIB. That admits it was yours and you didnt fight it. If there is a local hospital with this company. Go to the business office and show proof of your DL and SS card. That should wipe it out that it wasnt you.

Message 12 of 14
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@CashBackQueen wrote:

You can dispute this. No negative info can be listed after filing. This company is violating the BK laws. Send in your DC papers to the CRA and the schedule that lists this company as adebt that was DC'ed. You can also file a complaint with the CFPB to have it removed. And contact your lawyer this happened and they can file a ceast and exist letter and the courts will reward you with a $1000 plus lawyer fees for the infraction.

The sticking point is why would an account that isnt yours was IIB. That admits it was yours and you didnt fight it. If there is a local hospital with this company. Go to the business office and show proof of your DL and SS card. That should wipe it out that it wasnt you.

Thing is, I never mentioned this account during my BK filing. I'm guessing my BK attorney saw it and assumed it was mine and listed it.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CashBackQueen wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@CashBackQueen wrote:

Thing is, I never mentioned this account during my BK filing. I'm guessing my BK attorney saw it and assumed it was mine and listed it.

Probably so. But you have 3 ways to get rid of it Queen. Go get em!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.