cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long till credit cards discharged in bankruptcy no longer show? Its been 9 years?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long till credit cards discharged in bankruptcy no longer show? Its been 9 years?

It has been 9 years since filed bankruptcy and credit cards in bankruptcy still on report with zero owed but still there???  Can I request they be removed......I know the bankruptcy can stay on but thought that the cards could be removed in 7 years? How long till the actual credit cards no longer show?

Message Edited by sally12 on 07-06-2008 03:07 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long till credit cards discharged in bankruptcy no longer show? Its been 9 years?

When was your filing date?   The cards should not be reporting after 7 years from your filing date.

Actually, the rule is 7 years from DOFD (date of 1st delinquency), which cannot be later than the month you filed the bk.

The bk public record can and usually does stay on for 10 years from filing date, although EX and TU will remove ch 13's after 7 years.

Please provide the dates involved and we can confirm quickly if they should still be reporting.  I don't believe they should be.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.