Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long?

We made our last BK13 payment in July. Still have not gotten our discharge. I called the trustee's office and all they will tell me is that is was "completed" in August and is being "processed". Is it normal to take this long? I really need to get another vehicle!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long?

Not sure about Ch 13..bu Ch 7 doesn't get discharged until 60 or 90 days after the meeting of creditors.

You should contact the trustee

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We made our last BK13 payment in July. Still have not gotten our discharge. I called the trustee's office and all they will tell me is that is was "completed" in August and is being "processed". Is it normal to take this long? I really need to get another vehicle!

Yep.  It's very frustrating.  And, in our case, the trustee's office was about as helpful as yours.  They really got after us for even asking about it.  But someday soon that magical paper will appear in your mailbox.  We also checked ours online. 

Sorry about the frustrating wait.  Hope you're able to take care of the vehicle issue very soon.  Best wishes!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. How do you check it online?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. How do you check it online?

DW,

That info came from our trustee - it may not be available in every state.  We were able to log on and monitor our account throughout the BK.

Let us know when you receive your discharge papers - we'll be pulling for you!  Hope it's very soon - at this point it has to be!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.