Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should it be listed with CRA's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should it be listed with CRA's?

I have an HSBC CC that is listed on all CRA's as CO. I included it in my BK CH 7 that was discharged in 09/08. I have disputed this with the CRA's and they update it as Disputed by consumer: Consumer disagrees. The CO was back in like Oct of 2005, it was then sold to a CA, I made sure to include both of these listed on my CH7 BK. The BK was discharged in Sept of 2008. All but this is correct on my credit report. I have sent proof such as the discharge paperwork, that I had the BK clerk e-mail to me that shows details of every creditor that was informed of the BK, and both the OC and the CA were notified. But HSBC keeps confirming that it is a VALID CO. Yes it is a valid CO but shouldn't it read "CO IIB"? ?  ?

Any help would be appreciated. . .

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: How should it be listed with CRA's?

If your account was charged off prior to your filing BK, then they are entitled to report it that way.......The CO, that is. but yes, IIB should be part of your report as well.

K

Message Edited by krielly on 04-16-2009 06:23 AM

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that is what I thought as well. How would I go about getting both the OC and the CRA's to show this? I have written a correction letter to them and that so far is unsuccessful. Anyone have any ideas? ? ?

I have sent a letter Sig required, return receipt as well. And as above neither will update.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK is a CO.  When the court "discharges" the debt, the company must charge off as bad debt.

So, it will be a CO, but remarks should say "Included in BK"

Message 4 of 5
krielly
Established Contributor

I have to disagree.... BK is NOT a CO. the two are different for credit reporting purposes.

My point was, that the CO happened prior to the filing (about 3 years prior), so it is accurate for the creditor to report it as such. I believe though, that they also must include IIB.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.