cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

Bella,

Just to clarify further. You didn't actually apply for the WEMC, that's just what they gave you right?

I haven't seen a spot where they allow you to choose Visa, VS, MC, or WEMC.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

@j_casteel wrote:
Bella,

Just to clarify further. You didn't actually apply for the WEMC, that's just what they gave you right?

I knew it would be a WEMC. Cap1 switched both the Quicksilver and Venture over to WEMC last Fall. And they've just recently switched the Venture to Signature Visa. Prior to these changes, they were both available as Visa Signature when apped through the Cap1 site, and WEMC when apped through Credit Karma.

Hopefully Cap1 is done changing things around! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if you click on the card details for each card on the Cap1 site, down a little ways it tells you that the Quicksilver comes with World Elite Mastercard benefits, and if you look at the Venture it tells you it comes with Visa Signature benefits. And now Credit Karma links straight to the Cap1 site when you click to see more details, so you will see the same info.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:
Bella,

I knew it would be a WEMC. Cap1 switched both the Quicksilver and Venture over to WEMC last Fall. And they've just recently switched the Venture to Signature Visa. Prior to these changes, they were both available as Visa Signature when apped through the Cap1 site, and WEMC when apped through Credit Karma.

Hopefully Cap1 is done changing things around! Smiley Happy

LOL!  Change is the only constant!  Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 21
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

So basically, any "new" QS cards will be on the MC network. **bleep**, I was hoping my next app for a QS I'd get a Visa. I'd rather use it at Costco until I can get the Citi card from them. The Venture card can still be either?

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 15 of 21
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Nvm, just reread the posts....Looks like Venture is now Visa, but QS are MC.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, j, I was bummed too because I wanted the QS VS too, for the same reason. I am thinking that if you get the Venture you could still PC it to QS and it should retain the VS network. That's my theory. I was planning on doing that down the road but might not since I got the Chase Amazon VS last month.
Message 17 of 21
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Great minds think alike...I was planning on giving that a try. Getting the Venture in June, and then PC it to QS visa since Cap1 won't change network lines.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, good luck, keep us all posted on what happens! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in pretty much the same situation as the OP - I was approved for and activated an unsecured Platinum MC last month, and rmduhon has advised me to try for both a PC to Quicksilver and a CLI before the six-month mark. I activated my card on February 17, so judging from the information in this thread I should probably go to Cap One and request a changeup to Quicksilver around April 17 (just after tax day, yikes!). As for CLI, I got an email on March 13 that Cap One will automatically raise my line to $3,500 after my 5th payment (my first one is due April 5). Again, judging from the information in the thread, I gather I should ask for the CLI before then - after 3rd statement (June), maybe? I did take note of the post saying asking for the CLI right off the bat around/after first statement was probably too soon.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.