Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle collection agency that refuses to update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to handle collection agency that refuses to update

Need suggestions on how to handled JP Portfolio Recovery.  This company and the original creditor were included in my chapter 7 filing. I've sent a copy of my bankrutpcy papers and I'm sure by now they received their copy from the court. When I filed a dispute indicating that the record should show $0 and IIB or removed the company keeps veriftying the debt as "accurate".  Am I missing somthing here? Aren't they suppose to update to a $0 balance. The original creditor without asking deleted their tradeline once they got notice but the collection agency is refusing to update. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to handle collection agency that refuses to update

@Anonymous wrote:

Need suggestions on how to handled JP Portfolio Recovery.  This company and the original creditor were included in my chapter 7 filing. I've sent a copy of my bankrutpcy papers and I'm sure by now they received their copy from the court. When I filed a dispute indicating that the record should show $0 and IIB or removed the company keeps veriftying the debt as "accurate".  Am I missing somthing here? Aren't they suppose to update to a $0 balance. The original creditor without asking deleted their tradeline once they got notice but the collection agency is refusing to update. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Probably has to due with the fact that you filed less than a month ago and aren't discharged yet. I'd wait it out.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have them listed in my BK as well. They haven't changed mine to 0 and IIB either. I just filed on May 17th and I know it'll take time to update. I think the CAs are waiting for the discharged paperwork or completion of the 341 hearing before they update. Good luck to you!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.