Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had my 341 meeting today HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my 341 meeting today HELP!

Ok so I had my 341 meeting today it was a piece of cake the problem is now when will they come and take my car it's financed thru bridgecrest (carvana) thay have not contacted me since the filing I asked my lawyer today and he said they didn't come and get it yet? So I'm assuming they will just show up any day now that I have had my meeting I had a spare car that I was going to use until discharge but the engine has blown and was only worth $700 I know everyone says to wait until discharge but I checked with a friend close to my job to see if I could stay there and Uber to work can't Smiley Sad and to and from work is a $45 Uber trip each way from my house please tell me what the best thing is I can do or if you have a guess when they will pick up my current car I don't want to go thru Santander I have seen the horror stories but I don't know what else to do my current scores are
TransUnion 596 ( credit karma )
Equifax 536 ( credit karma )
Experian 541 (Experian site )
Also the car loan and all of the information has disappeared from all of my reports

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: I had my 341 meeting today HELP!

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so I had my 341 meeting today it was a piece of cake the problem is now when will they come and take my car it's financed thru bridgecrest (carvana) thay have not contacted me since the filing I asked my lawyer today and he said they didn't come and get it yet? So I'm assuming they will just show up any day now that I have had my meeting I had a spare car that I was going to use until discharge but the engine has blown and was only worth $700 I know everyone says to wait until discharge but I checked with a friend close to my job to see if I could stay there and Uber to work can't Smiley Sad and to and from work is a $45 Uber trip each way from my house please tell me what the best thing is I can do or if you have a guess when they will pick up my current car I don't want to go thru Santander I have seen the horror stories but I don't know what else to do my current scores are
Also the car loan and all of the information has disappeared from all of my reports

Thanks in advance

If I were you I would just call them and ask if they want it back and when they will repo it.  In fact, if they say they are going to repo it, I would arrange a place to meet them so you are not embarassed by your neighbors/friends seeing it.

When I first filed, I was terrified to call people and ask questions.  I thought that would be mean to me and confrontational.   But the truth is they deal with this all day long and it's simply business.

In my case my lender was Cap 1 and they sure didn't want the car back.  They said if I kept making the payments I could keep it.

It's better to just call and talk to them and find out what's going on.   At least you won't go outside your front door one morning and find you don't have a car to go to work.

Good luck.   I've been there.   It's not fun.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pillsbury1109 - Have you contacted Bridgecrest?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to call them when I get off work today do I just ask when are they planning to pick it up? Sorry I have horrible anxiety so this is just stressing me to the max and embarrassed calling about it as I have not made a payment since I filed
Message 4 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Call them and ask what dealership do you want me to drive it to and hand in the keys. Get a reciept from the dealer and drive off.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

But is it unusual for some lenders to let you keep it until the discharge is final that's what I was hopeing for so I can be discharged before I have to get something else ?
Message 6 of 13
getridofccdebt
New Contributor

When included a car in my Chapter 7 it took the bank (GM Financial) forever to come get the car. They had to file a motion for relief of stay whcih I didn't object to. I was very considerate when working with the tow yard too and they gave me a few extra days as well.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was expecting is that they would request the stay to be lifted but I have not heard anything I mean if Its gone one day it's gone I'm not trying to hide it but use it for the time that I can so I can apply for something else with the discharge letter or as close to as I can
Message 8 of 13
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance

If I were you I would just call them and ask if they want it back and when they will repo it.  In fact, if they say they are going to repo it, I would arrange a place to meet them so you are not embarassed by your neighbors/friends seeing it.

When I first filed, I was terrified to call people and ask questions.  I thought that would be mean to me and confrontational.   But the truth is they deal with this all day long and it's simply business.

In my case my lender was Cap 1 and they sure didn't want the car back.  They said if I kept making the payments I could keep it.

It's better to just call and talk to them and find out what's going on.   At least you won't go outside your front door one morning and find you don't have a car to go to work.

One piece of advice.   If you can find anyway to not have to buy the new (or new to you used car) until about 60 days after discharge, you will have had time to make sure all your credit reports are showing discharged debts as a zero balance and included in bankruptcy.    You can also quickly open three credit cards which wll greatly boost your score.   You can do a secured card (for like $200) with OpenSky and if you can get into Navy Federal, open one of their secured cards (it will graduate) and perhaps apply for the Discover secured card (it will graduate).   If you get any denials you can complete the three open revolvers with one of the dreaded sup prime cards like Credit One or First Premier, but only do this as a last resort.   Also State Department Federal CU is very easy to get a secured card with (it won't graduate, however).   I opened three secured cards, two local Seattle credit unions and Apple Federal in VA.   None did a hard pull.

I would also open a share secured loan -- with anybody.   You can do it for like $500 and they will give you the $500 back right away and you can use that money and open a secured card for $300 and $200 and then you need just one more.

The very first account I opened as a shared secured loan with BECU here in Seattle.   I did this because I wasn't discharged yet, I was already a member, and there was no credit check.   The simple act of opening just the share secured loan, with zero paid down, raised my initial score by 40 points (this plus having all my old accounts show a zero balance.)

The reason I'm telling you to do these few simple steps and arrange to rent a car or borrow a car or arrange other transportation until these few tasks are done will raise your FICO score from the low 500's to probably 620 or better.   And when you are fresh out of bankruptcy having a 620 FICO wil get you a much lower interest rate than 520-550 FICO.   I have advised several friends and in each case it's worked.   So you might be offered a 9% rate instead of an 18% rate or a 24% rate.

Also buy a cheap reliable car for and drive it for the first two years.    I'm talking a 12K loan, not a 35K loan.

And after 12 months contact your credit unions and ask if they would be willing to refinance your car.   Be up front with them.   If they say we require 2 years post discharge, just move on to another CU.

If you don't want to open a share secured installment loan, just do self-lender.   You get the same FICO boost but it ends in 12 months and then you can take a 25 point hit due to no open installment loan.

Good luck.   I've spent six years studying this.   I do know what I'm talking about.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance

One piece of advice.   If you can find anyway to not have to buy the new (or new to you used car) until about 60 days after discharge, you will have had time to make sure all your credit reports are showing discharged debts as a zero balance and included in bankruptcy.    You can also quickly open three credit cards which wll greatly boost your score.   You can do a secured card (for like $200) with OpenSky and if you can get into Navy Federal, open one of their secured cards (it will graduate) and perhaps apply for the Discover secured card (it will graduate).   If you get any denials you can complete the three open revolvers with one of the dreaded sup prime cards like Credit One or First Premier, but only do this as a last resort.   Also State Department Federal CU is very easy to get a secured card with (it won't graduate, however).   I opened three secured cards, two local Seattle credit unions and Apple Federal in VA.   None did a hard pull.

I would also open a share secured loan -- with anybody.   You can do it for like $500 and they will give you the $500 back right away and you can use that money and open a secured card for $300 and $200 and then you need just one more.

The very first account I opened as a shared secured loan with BECU here in Seattle.   I did this because I wasn't discharged yet, I was already a member, and there was no credit check.   The simple act of opening just the share secured loan, with zero paid down, raised my initial score by 40 points (this plus having all my old accounts show a zero balance.)

The reason I'm telling you to do these few simple steps and arrange to rent a car or borrow a car or arrange other transportation until these few tasks are done will raise your FICO score from the low 500's to probably 620 or better.   And when you are fresh out of bankruptcy having a 620 FICO wil get you a much lower interest rate than 520-550 FICO.   I have advised several friends and in each case it's worked.   So you might be offered a 9% rate instead of an 18% rate or a 24% rate.

Also buy a cheap reliable car for and drive it for the first two years.    I'm talking a 12K loan, not a 35K loan.

And after 12 months contact your credit unions and ask if they would be willing to refinance your car.   Be up front with them.   If they say we require 2 years post discharge, just move on to another CU.

If you don't want to open a share secured installment loan, just do self-lender.   You get the same FICO boost but it ends in 12 months and then you can take a 25 point hit due to no open installment loan.

Good luck.   I've spent six years studying this.   I do know what I'm talking about.

+100

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.