cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I must be riding a unicorn....

tag

I must be riding a unicorn....

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted to share that I'm in the last stages of a BK13, should be discharged in 2 months...in the meantime I have gotten a few credit builder accounts to help my score so that I can get real credit cards eventually.

I have Kikoff, Cleo, Credit Sesame, Extra and Cred A.I. I have had these accounts for about 5 months.

My scores are EQ 661 EX 665 TU 659.

I like to read these forums and also play with the prequels for fun but today something strange happened on the AMEX site, I was pre-approved for 3 cards (GOLD, BCP, BCE). I know I shouldn't have a shot but I figured, why not, so I froze TU (so I wouldn't get hard pulled 2x and denied) and pulled the trigger for the GOLD...BAM APPROVED POT $3000! Then I thought ok, let's see if Truist will show me some love and BAM APPROVED! -Enjoy Cash $3500, I decided to try my luck one more time with Petal2 and BAM APPROVED! $2900.

Totally shocked!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: I must be riding a unicorn....

Congrats on your triple-hitter success . . . best wishes on your credit rebuild as many of us on this forum HAVE been there!!!

Grow through credit rebuilding clip art.png

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 2 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Now take a year off in the garden. Enjoy what you got and your upcoming DC!

Message 3 of 13
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Congrats.  I got my Ch 13 discharge 3 months ago... with similar 650ish scores.  I also started early acquiring accounts 1-2  years before discharge and most recently got a $10k Delta Amex... (didn't burn them)

From what I've read Amex lets you in around 5 years post filing.

I'm in cruise control now till everything falls off next year.  Best advice I can give is since you've got these accounts give it 6 months to a year before getting anymore.  You're well on your way.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 4 of 13
Carissa82
Established Member

Just curious, How did you get credit Ai already? I thought you couldn't get it for 5 years after bankruptcy? 

Congrats on being almost done!

Message 5 of 13
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!! That is awesome! Heart

Message 6 of 13

I read on a forum to say no the the question about BK, they didnt check and I was approved for this credit builder. It is not an actual credit card, it is a debit card that you load with your own money but it reports as $1500 primary credit card on all three bureaus. You dont even have to load cash on it or use it and it will still report positive payment history.   

Message 7 of 13
Carissa82
Established Member

Thanks! I was hoping to get another revolving trade line without actually getting a credit card so this was a good solution. 

Message 8 of 13
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@ButtercremeQueen wrote:

I read on a forum to say no the the question about BK, they didnt check and I was approved for this credit builder. It is not an actual credit card, it is a debit card that you load with your own money but it reports as $1500 primary credit card on all three bureaus. You dont even have to load cash on it or use it and it will still report positive payment history.   

Congrats!  Remember rebuilding is  marathon not a sprint!  Good luck!

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 9 of 13
PetyrBaelish

Congrats! Did you have any Amex cards included in your chapter 13?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.