cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need clarification on negative payment reporting after filing BK vs discharge date

tag
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

I need clarification on negative payment reporting after filing BK vs discharge date

I filed my chapter 7 in May of 2013 and it was discharged in Aug of 2013.

I am reviewing my credit report and I noticed some of my accounts are reporting negative payment history up to May of 2013 when I filed Bk and others continued to report negative payment history all the way up to Aug of 2013 when the BK was discharged.

Which is accurate?

If the negative payment history should have stopped effective May 2013 when I filed by BK, can I dispute negative payment history on accounts that are reporting up to Aug 2013?

If I do dispute them, will it possibly have a negative effect on my CR since it will be reposting the negative account once the tradeline verifies?

What is the best way to handle them? Should I just leave them alone?

Thank you so much to all who answer.

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: I need clarification on negative payment reporting after filing BK vs discharge date

Your payment history is valid up until you filed your BK.

Now, if you were 30 days late at time of filing, they can report 60, 90, 120, CO up until your discharge.  This is allowed to stay.  I had this question and took it to two separate consumer finance attorney offices and they both confirmed that it is legal and correct.

For me, GECRB reported a 60/90/120/CO status on my CR reports after I filed, but stopped reporting after discharge.  As long as the TL says a zero balance and the accout was IIB, there is not much you can dispute.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.