Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help and don't know what to do.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help and don't know what to do.

I'm currently on my third year of ch13.  My report shows two open accounts.  One auto repo and the other a cc charged off.  Plus i have a judgement showing up on my report.  I just have some questions and hope someone can answer them.

1. The repo account is still open showing a balance.  It's filed under the ch13 but the creditor status is on hold.  Should i dispute this or call and close the account?  Shouldn't it have been closed when filing the ch13?

2.  A cc account still open but charged off.  It's filed also but the status is "not filed."  Should i dispute this or close account?  If i decide to pay it off would i still be able to use the card?

3.  Last thing is a judgement from an attorney's office.  It's status is "not filed."  Should i dispute this or write them a letter?  It's included in the bk and still showing up on my report and hurting my score.

Please, any help with any of these questions would be a great help to my family and I.  God bless.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
raisemyfico800
Established Member

Re: I need help and don't know what to do.

Hi,
In regards to your repo. I would dispute this with the Credit bureau. It should say "Incl in BK" The same with the credit card. Also, i dont think this card is still open if it was charged off. They usually always close after. The judgment is the same also. If you have any concerns, you could call your bankruptcy trustee for help.
Hope everything works out for you.Woman Happy

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll start there and thank you.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trustee was no help. She said they had nothing to do with the credit report. Lawyer was no help either. He doesn't return phone calls. If they do not file, then can I dispute this with the bureaus? If they filed a late claim, does it take 20mo or more to recognize the claim? Can I dispute this also?? Help Please.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those **bleep** lawyers! Smiley Happy  I work for one.

Of course, now that your bankruptcy is in the third year, your lawyer is nowhere to be found.  Typical.  They got your money and now you are on your own.

Here's what I would do:  Call your local bar association and tell them that you can't get your lawyer to call you back.  (You don't have to mention the word "grievance", but they'll get the message.)  Ask them if they run any kind of pro bono service.  (All bar associations have pro bono services.)  Get on the list to be seen by the pro bono lawyer and then present him with your questions.  It's important that you get help from a lawyer because a bankruptcy is involved and you don't want to screw that up; also laws may differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

In the meantime, you should send a letter to your deadbeat lawyer telling him that you consider his lack of responsiveness to be unethical.  If he doesn't respond, send a letter of grievance to the state bar association.  Don't rely on telephone calls; they are too easy to dismiss.  Spend 45 cents and send a letter.

Message 5 of 6
granny031350
Established Contributor

I have been disputing my credit report since last November.  Because I am NOT discharged yet (2 more months) Experian has refused to update any of my balances to zero.  They all show IIB but with past due amounts.  So the day I am discharged I am disputing with them again to get everything set to zero.  TU deleted a bunch of my accounts without a fight and equifax has updated the balances to zero.  So I would begin by disputing with each bureau as IIB/ zero balance and then go from there.  My scores have come up since I began doing that.  Hopefully after discharge, they will come up more.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.