Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help!!!

Hi I'm new to this site. I have a huge credit problem. About 2 years ago, I had pretty good credit so I got 3 credit cards and went crazy. I spent about 3000. I was paying my bills on time for awhile but then it got to where me and my husband were living check-to-check and I no longer had money to pay them. I also had accumulated about 2500 in medical bills from what my insurance would not cover from my cancer treatments. I just got my tax return and now thankfully I can pay my credit cards off. But they are in collections and one has been turned over to a lawyer. I called them today and the office was closed so I left a message and will call back tomorrow. I need help! I don't know where to begin in this mess. When I pay of these credit cards (3000) how long will my credit be ruined. I just want to get this all payed off so my score will start increasing. HELP!!!
C.C.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I need help!!!

once everything is paid and the collection accounts read paid 0 balance your score can start to recover. but your really only going to see a score increase if you start to establish new credit and pay on time with it.
A blank report (no open accounts) will just kinda sit limbo
Message 2 of 3
joejroe
Valued Member

Re: I need help!!!

Hello,

Sounds like a mess, and Im sorry for the condition your in, but its not the end of the world and you can get these back on track.  Ok, credit cards are pretty important, and Im glad you have the funds to pay them.  Talk to the credit card company, let them know of your situation, and just ask them if you pay the accounts, will they KEEP your accounts open, and in good standing.  Most of the credit card companies want your business to continue, especially if you make good with them.  The collection departments just want to do their job and make commission on the collection amount.  IF the credit card companies agree to keep your account open, then you still can keep your account history with them(thats important).  Over time of keeping those accounts current, you'll be ok. 

Medical Bills-- always a last priority.  Future creditors overlook Med1 bills, and usually, if you wait until they right off the debt, you can dispute the item with the CRA and they will remove it anyway.  Don't worry about the med bills, they can scare you, but make sure they are last on your list.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask, I visit this site frequently.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.