Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIB Reporting Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIB Reporting Question

Hi all,

Quick question -- my attorney listed all credit cards I've ever had, even those that were closed many years prior with $0 balances, on my Ch. 7 petition. Some of the cards that had a $0 balance have reported to the credit bureaus that they were IIB and are now showing as derogatory accounts. Is that proper, even though no debt was discharged on those accounts? 

Thanks,

Jordan

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: IIB Reporting Question

What site is this info coming from? They can be notified but placing that in the description I dont think they're allowed to do so. If @RobertEG sees this and he'll give his expert advise. Doesnt smell right. Welcome to the forum.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply, @FireMedic1. I received alerts from my MyFICO 3B subscription. Two different banks marked cards with a $0 balance/PIF status as IIB (Discover and Barclay (I had two Barclay cards -- burned them with one but the other card was also $0 balance/PIF)). I'll hope to hear from @RobertEG!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping with hopes that @RobertEG sees this!

Message 4 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I will ping @RobertEG  to see this, and hope he has time to see and respond. 

Also, for furture reference, only Super Contributors, CL's and Mods, currently have the means to @ mention someone. So, if you try, they wont know unless they happen to read it. 

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I will ping @RobertEG  to see this, and hope he has time to see and respond. 

Also, for furture reference, only Super Contributors, CL's and Mods, currently have the means to @ mention someone. So, if you try, they wont know unless they happen to read it. 

Thanks Pizza I knew this. Its habit from having twitter. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i am not Robert,lol  but with my report after bankruptcy, my zero accts were closed with a comment of closed by credit grantor, with no mention of the bankruptcy on the TL.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: I disputed the notation of the Discover card but the dispute was denied and it still shows as IIB. I guess, at this point, my best bet is to wait until the bankruptcy is finalized (had my 341 meeting a couple weeks ago and am now in the 60 day waiting period) and then see if the account updates at that point. If it doesn't I think my next step would be to appeal it again and, if that appeal fails, consider a complaint with CFPB, right?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.