Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS TAXES IN CHAPTER 7

tag
janelle79
Valued Member

Re: IRS TAXES IN CHAPTER 7

Got my discharge, so now back to rebuilding. What a relief!!! This group is so helpeful!  

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
September 21- TU- 511, EQ 556, EXP 604
Message 11 of 29
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

So...I met all criteria to discharge federal tax debt in Ch7. I received my discharge and not a peep from the IRS.. I looked on the website and it shows not available for the years in question. Before I did have a plan I was paying for 7 years. The IRS stopped collecting I thought I was good to go.. Fast forward to 1 year post discharge I start getting letter after letter directly from IRS (final warning letters) saying that I am ignoring them. They say that they may start garnishment and levies against my bank accounts.

I called and waited on hold for 2 hours. The IRS agent on phone asked if I wanted to set up payment plan.. She had no record of my Ch7.. the call ended with her filing forms to their bankruptcy department and would freeze collections for 90 days while I wait for response.

I owed over 50k at time of filing.. I will update when I hear back in case someone is interested.

Message 12 of 29
janelle79
Valued Member

Omg that's horrible.   I better call my lawyer and ask. I hope things work out for you 

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 13 of 29
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@janelle79congrats. Judge signed the DC. Its done. No worries now.

Message 14 of 29
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

Judge signed mine as well do you think the IRS will realize their mistake?

Message 15 of 29
janelle79
Valued Member

Thank you. I hope that's the case.  My lawyer said not to worry, here's to hoping 

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 16 of 29
janelle79
Valued Member

Did you have any assets?  I haven't heard of this happening to anyone.  I hope that they made a mistake and you will be in the clear 

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 17 of 29
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

Thank you..I have no assets.. I will update this thread when I hear something

Message 18 of 29
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

I got the letter today from the IRS over a year after discharge.

81AE12A7-10E9-42F0-8564-50DF71A87849.jpeg

Message 19 of 29
janelle79
Valued Member

Did you have taxes that weren't included?  Like I have a year I still owe so my installment agreeement will resume for that 

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.