cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving my score

tag
quinpsy

Improving my score

So I am 4 years post bk, credit score of about 700. I have 12 revolvers, all zero or low utilization on 4(1 is AU) cards. I have student loans(all at 100%+ utilization, all positive) and some closed(and positive) installment loans. My bk included 4 accounts and thus negative items are on 4 revolvers, theres also a 90 day late payment from 6 years ago. I have 3 inquiries in the past year, AAoA is 4 years, Oldest Revolver is 8(or 17 if you count AUs), youngest revolver is 6 months.

Any possible way I can get my score up to 740 in a year?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Re: Improving my score

I think you'll be in the ballpark, 720-ish.  I finished my CH13 in 2018 and they fell off my reports this year.  However, I tried but couldn't get my FICO 8 scores above 730 while my BK was reporting.  Everything else was clean.  You'll see a bump once the 90-day late comes off.  I think the highest I got was 726 on Experian FICO 8.

Message 2 of 5
quinpsy

Well, 720 on fico 8 should be good enough for a mortgage if I wanted one right? Smiley Tongue I know my mortgage scores are 720s rn, I figure they'd be 760 if my fico 8 is 740.

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@quinpsy wrote:

So I am 4 years post bk, credit score of about 700. I have 12 revolvers, all zero or low utilization on 4(1 is AU) cards. I have student loans(all at 100%+ utilization, all positive) and some closed(and positive) installment loans. My bk included 4 accounts and thus negative items are on 4 revolvers, theres also a 90 day late payment from 6 years ago. I have 3 inquiries in the past year, AAoA is 4 years, Oldest Revolver is 8(or 17 if you count AUs), youngest revolver is 6 months.

Any possible way I can get my score up to 740 in a year?

Once this falls off. Theres a bunch of points. Whats the low util on the 4 cards %'s? And you aggregate util %.

Message 4 of 5
quinpsy

total utilization is 2%, on the now 3(2 without AU) cards they are all <9% except 1 which is <20%

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.