cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Included in bankruptcy

tag
kingleo

Included in bankruptcy

I have to accounts (Verizon & medical) that was iib from a chapter 7 discharged in 2014. I recently pulled my reports and they are now being reported by two different CA. What steps should I take to get them reporting correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Included in bankruptcy

@kingleo wrote:
I have to accounts (Verizon & medical) that was iib from a chapter 7 discharged in 2014. I recently pulled my reports and they are now being reported by two different CA. What steps should I take to get them reporting correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I had something similar happen with a CA after my discharge.  

It is a violation of the discharge injunction for the CA's to be reporting on your credit report if the debt was discharged prior.  In other words, if the CA was already on your CR before you filed, then the TL has to read 0 and iib.  If only the OC's info was on your credit report when you filed, then the CA can't start reporting the debt after your discharge because the debt was discharged in Bk.

What I did was contact the CA, by phone, and had them remove the TL.  It was done in 24 hours. I pointed out the error of their ways (violation of discharge injunction). It took me a couple of phone calls. I was ready to send a letter but got in touch with someone higher up that understood my point immediately. The frontline CSR's at the CA were awful and didn't understand a word.  Be proactive and adament. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Included in bankruptcy

I thought I'd heard everything about collection agencies, but this is a new one, blatantly violating the stipulations of a discharge. Are there any CA's that aren't unethical bottom feeders in one way or another?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.