Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about verizon in bk7 when not included

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Information about verizon in bk7 when not included

Hi Everyone,

Well something curious happened after my 341 meeting last Monday, when i went to pay my Verizon bill i actually forgot i was making payments on my phone. I have no contract so i never listed them as a debt or even told anyone who my carrier was. I went online last night and the balance, a small one left on the phone was removed and it stated included in bk7, not on my credit reports but in Verizon itself.

Now in the list of contacts my attorney never contacted Verizon. Will they close my account or ask for the phone back as i really need it for my business. Has anyone had this happen to them, just curious what steps i might need to take. My account is still active and i paid the bill in full, just really do not want issues with them. Thank you

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Information about verizon in bk7 when not included

As long as your paying them I dont see a problem. Especially if your bought a phone thats added to your monthly payment until its paid off.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
That's the problem @FireMedic1,
The remaining phone payment balance has been wiped by Verizon stating included in bk7. I did not included the phone as I forgot I owed money still.
My bill has dropped the $30 dollars per month I was paying and shows paid off. I am worried they will close or want the phone back.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
After thinking about this I decided to call Verizon. There bk department is closed but the rep did some research and here is the following information I have for anyone that needs it.

Verizon now does a soft pull on your credit every 30 days, this started last year. This is how they found out about my bk7 filing. I was told they do this to adjust spending limi6on account for new phone purchases, new lines etc. I was told that I will not be disconnected once the stay is over but adding new stuff might cost me more. Them writing off the balance on the phone is standard procedure now.

I have not contract with them for my service and expect no service interruption. I am going to call there bk department tomorrow and see what will happen in the future with them.

I also contact my attorney and then them know what is going on with Verizon and see if it needs to be added. I'll update once I talk with Verizon tomorrow.
Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hmmmmm.. Yeah keep us updated. Interesting.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We filed last week and also did NOT include Verizon —nor did anyone know we have vzw. Friday we get an email that says we have $xxx amount due on the devices as of the date of filing and then they say that we can surrender or keep the devices.
Under keep it says:
Continuing your service?
If you intend to continue using the device in connection with your Verizon Wireless service, you may do so, and: (a) Verizon Wireless will write off the pre-bankruptcy balance under the Agreement, and (b) you will only pay the post-bankruptcy monthly installments for the remaining term of the Agreements and your Verizon Wireless service. It may take one to two invoice cycles to reflect the billing for your post-bankruptcy usage.

Didn’t make any sense so I called their BK dept this morning because the reps don’t know ANYTHING. She said she updated our account to show that we will keep them and they will write off a month of service —which to her knowledge is the month of the filing?? And then we resume normal billing as of the next bill. So I’m not sure if that helps with your specific question but according to this lady she says nothing changes for us and it’s “business as usual” so to speak.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @letmeholdadollah,

Thanks for the information, I never received that email that's why i was so shocked that the balance was written off in BK7. I have also called the bk department today and you are correct, the only change to the account is when or if you decided to either buy a new phone and want to make payments or add a line, then they might have lowered your spending limits and you might need a deposit.

I was told that now since they do a soft pull every 30 days now, they had to included the bk7 write off to protect not only the customer but them also so they do not break any BK laws. I have been with them for so long and my plan will not change as i have no contracts with them, I just hope after discharge they do not change there mind or want a deposit for service, I have I believe she said 15 years or so with them, we will see. I am also going to email my attorney and see if we now need to add it to the BK even after the 341. better to be safe. Thanks for the added information.

Message 7 of 8
Bobby1081

I was in the same situation. Verizon wrote off all my installment agreements and unlocked my phones. I only have a monthly bill for service now. They still give me the option to have new installment agreements too.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.