Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PENFED good for after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is PENFED good for after BK

OutOfBK wrote:
I just applied for the visa sig and was denied. Reason given was a bankruptcy present. I joined pen fed in 2013 right after my chapter 13 bankruptcy discharge. So, 4 years post bankruptcy is obviously still a problem with pen fed. My scores hover at around 697 or so with multiple inquiries.

YMMV

As they say, Your Mileage May (WILL) Vary.

While I identified several data points you mentioned, there is NOT enough data to determine exactly why Pen Fed might have not approved you for a Visa Sig.

We do not know what revolving Credit Cards you are holding after four years, or their lines of credit amount.  NOR utilization rates.

What are the multiple inquiries for?  And over what periods of time?  Did you successfully achieve new lines of credit?  Did you receive credit line increases?

When you joined Pen Fed four years ago post BK, what did you do?  Did you ever apply for a credit card during the past four years?  Even for an entry level Promise card?

* as a side note, This past July my first credit card application post BK was with Pen Fed.

I was immediately denied, but approved on Recon for the entry level Promise card.  It is all about YMMV.

So if you are willing to share, I am sure that the collective efforts of this vast MyFico would provide some feedback.

Additionally, besides myself, there are others with BK's included in the thread below who were approved by Pen Fed with BKs.

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/m-...

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is PENFED good for after BK

I was DC Oct/16. I applied last week for a CC with PenFed and was denied due to BK/INquiries the last year and length of credit history. I sent a secure message, and heard nothing. I then did the survey and got a call back. I used to work at PenFed so I don't know if that's why she gave me more info than she should have. Anyway.... I was told that even though I have 8 months of good repayment history on my auto loans, and repayment on CCs where I'm listed as an AU they won't count the AU CCs for or against me since i'm not liable for them. My score according to them at this point is 609, and I was 15 points away from the lower tier in their risk based lending. She said to get my own CC and then re apply in 6 months or if my score gets to the 624. That was truly the only reason they weren't able to approve me for a card was due to the score, not the BK etc.

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.