cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "Petition for Ch. 7 BK" the same as "Included in BK" on reports?

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Is "Petition for Ch. 7 BK" the same as "Included in BK" on reports?

I was going to dispute an erroneous HP that happened a few days after my DC by a CU that i burned.  The inquiry is for a 'loan application' according to myfico. 

Anyway, so i pulled my Experian report from Experian to dispute the HP, and I see that all my accts except for 5 or 6 that remain open and in good standing, all say  - "Petition for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" .

I keep hearing/seeing references to "IIB" which is of course "Included In Bankrtuptcy".

My questions is are these two terms synonymous with one another as far as how it appears on my EX report?

BTW,  i didn't follow through with disputing the HP because i was concerned that after EX automatically puts a fraud alert on my file, that it would disrupt the flow of new, post-DC info reporting to the bureaus.  A fraud alert perhaps has no impact on reporting info to the bureaus, but that's my paranoia setting in and not wanting to make any waves or more hurdles until my BK case is closed.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is "Petition for Ch. 7 BK" the same as "Included in BK" on reports?

When was your DC? Once your debt is discharged in bankruptcy, your debtor-creditor relationship with Big Bad Bank and whomever else is over! Done. They’ve got no legal right anymore to be pulling your credit every month and bringing down your score. Dispute it.

Message 2 of 4
twono
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

When was your DC? Once your debt is discharged in bankruptcy, your debtor-creditor relationship with Big Bad Bank and whomever else is over! Done. They’ve got no legal right anymore to be pulling your credit every month and bringing down your score. Dispute it.

DC was 10/1, the HP was on 10/3 according to myFico. ( i have the 3b report pkg, and always have)

What about the "Petition for CH.7 Bankruptcy" notation on all my accounts instead of showing "Included in Bankruptcy"?

Any significance with that?

Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would give your reports 30 days to update from your DC, and then Id dispute the language.  You can have a petition for Bk but once its Dc, your reports should reflect IIB,  not just a petition for.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.