Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this common?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this common?

I received my discharge on Oct. 31, 2019. The discharge was closed on Nov. 4. I pulled a 3B FICO report from Experian and noticed on TU and Experian my 25 accounts have not been IIB. Now, on Equifax ALL of the accounts are IIB. Also there is collection that was included when I filed but has not updated to IIB. Do I need to wait a bit, before I start disputing?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is this common?

It can take uo to 30 days for all the CRA's to update all accounts to state IIB and 0 balance. Pull your annual reports and make sure everything is correct. Once everyone is in compliance. You will see a score boost since your no longer in debt legally. The get your 3 FICO's from experian.com for $1 then cancel before the trial ends. then the rebuild can start. Welcome to the forums! Get with us once its all done and we'll help you get started. Welcome to the forums!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks FireMedic1! I've posted on here before with your helpful response. I did notice a small bump on Experian so far. I'm not eligible to pull the annual credit reports until March 2020. I pulled them in March 2019 to have a reference for the BK attorney when I filed. I will get the FICO reports from here. I will be sure to keep you abreast once the CRA's are reporting correctly. I have a plan....well some of "your" rebuilding plan. But I shall remain patient for the time being.

Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Excellent. So many rush out to get credit before the DC score boost. Not knowing in some cases it just might mean the difference between a secured or unsecured starter car. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
twono
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my discharge on Oct. 31, 2019. The discharge was closed on Nov. 4. I pulled a 3B FICO report from Experian and noticed on TU and Experian my 25 accounts have not been IIB. Now, on Equifax ALL of the accounts are IIB. Also there is collection that was included when I filed but has not updated to IIB. Do I need to wait a bit, before I start disputing?

myFICO reports seem to be very different from other reports.  I've found myfico to be less accurate and/or lagging in reporting than the fako sites.  And the layout of myfico 3b report isn't very user friendly.

I pull my reports directly from TU/EX/EQ by using the 'backdoor' method.....everyday if i so choose.

Credit sesame even gives a better layout of TU.  I'd try CCT (credit check total) and get their 3B reports.

myfico seems to be 2-3 days behind in sending you alerts.  I had a HP 2 days ago and didn't get the alert til almost 2 days later.

Credit karma, experian both alerted me instantly.

Point is, try other sites and cross reference what you're seeing on myfico.

Message 5 of 8
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also there is collection that was included when I filed but has not updated to IIB. Do I need to wait a bit, before I start disputing?

How old is the collection?  I had one pop up the day before my filing, but once they received notice of the petition (because I did include both the creditor and the collection agency in my filing), they deleted them from my 3 reports and my score bumped up about 40 pts.  My guess is that it will depend on the CA as to whether they pull them all together or just update to zero and IIB.  

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection was reported on July 13, 2019. I filed on July 30, 2019. The collection agency is Calvary Portfolio Service. It shows as Chapter 7 bankruptcy, but not discharged on all of my 3B FICO reports. I'm thinking of calling them directly.

Message 7 of 8
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Since your discharge was closed only 4 days ago, I would give it a little while longer.  Some creditors (especially CAs) will hang on to a thread until there's no hope at all of collecting.  They may not have even received the notice of your discharge yet (or had time to process it).  I believe the first 30 days after a case closes, is kind of a grace period for all of the creditors to get their ducks in a row and do final updates.  You can still have your attorney contact them which is what I would do before trying to contact them myself.  Sometimes a word from an attorney and the CA may just delete it.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.