Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is possible to buy a home while in a 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible to buy a home while in a 13

We just closed on our home.  We are 14 months into a 36 month plan.  We did everything by the book.  Re-evaluated our scheduled with our lawyer to trim some expenses and show the new mortgage payment would fit within our plan.  It was just a few bucks more than we were paying for rent.  The motion was filed and the trustee did not object.  We found a lender willing to take on the task of getting it done.  We found the house that we loved that would fit into the budget.  Spent 70 days under contract submitting EVERY DOCUMENT under the sun to the lender to get the approval.  That took 45 days.  Then we waited and had to keep submitting pay stubs and bank statements to just about the day of closing to prove we didnt buy anything and my income didnt change. 

Then we closed.  THANK GOD.  It happened and we are so much happier being owners rather than renters.  So it is possible.  I have a great lender willing to do the work if anyone is interested.  PM me and I will pass along the info.  PS we are in FL, and thats primaryily where they do loans.  But our loan officer said that can pass the lead to their corporate office for other states.  Good luck and it is possible. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ghostVetFL
New Contributor

Re: It is possible to buy a home while in a 13

Congratulations on your new home!!!

Message 2 of 5
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on your purchase.  I've just begun the process myself as well.  I received my preapproval last week and taking my time look at homes.  I'm 40 payments in for 13 with only 20 months left.

Message 3 of 5
sheannc11

Can you shar

Can you share your lenders information?  I just moved to FL but would really like to buy a home.  I am in my 3rd year of bankruptcy with 2 more years to go.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent you a private message with the contact info.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.