cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job offer in Mortgage industry 1.5 yr post BK. What are the chances??? UGH!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Job offer in Mortgage industry 1.5 yr post BK. What are the chances??? UGH!

Got my offer today for a mortgage servicing company in a management position.  As we are negotiating salary, it came to mind that even though i have re-established my credit quite nicely over the past year,i stlll have a BK!!!

What do you think? Prior to the background/credit check i will disclose that i have a discharged BK but in the meantime i am stressing OUT!

HELP!

LOL SMHHHHH!Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Job offer in Mortgage industry 1.5 yr post BK. What are the chances??? UGH!

Only time I have really seen a BK matter is for government clearance.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i hope you are right Scupra. Thanks for the insight, i will breathe for now lol

Message 3 of 16
daveg38
Established Contributor

Disclose it out of honesty.  If they shun you for trying to turn your life around, it's probably not a company I'd want to associate with anyway.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daveg38 i agree and feel the same way!!!!    Good luck with your new start!

Message 5 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

I obtained two state licences that specifically asked if I had a BK. I was just as nervous Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 16
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my offer today for a mortgage servicing company in a management position.  As we are negotiating salary, it came to mind that even though i have re-established my credit quite nicely over the past year,i stlll have a BK!!!

What do you think? Prior to the background/credit check i will disclose that i have a discharged BK but in the meantime i am stressing OUT!

HELP!

LOL SMHHHHH!Smiley Mad

I got a job 2 years ago with a company that deals with the banking industry. I disclosed that I had a BK on my reports and it was not a problem at all. They SP my TU and next day got the offer letter. I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on your new job. Definitely disclose it, but I can't imagine that it would matter. Let us know the results.

Message 8 of 16
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

If the job does not involve being licensed or dealing with borrowers, chances are you would be ok. I would not voluntarily disclose your bk disharge until asked about it. Let the employer perform its due diligence and respond when asked to respond. Many currently licensed mortgage originators have had ch7 bankruptcy discharges. By the way, did the job application contain a question about personal bankruptcy?

All the best to you. I think that you will be ok.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us posted.  I'm also in Financial Services and have ignored new opportunities because I thought the BK would be an issue.  

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.