Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Refinance/Home Equity Post CH7 7 months Options - 1 person filed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joint Refinance/Home Equity Post CH7 7 months Options - 1 person filed

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find the correct search terms to pull up a similar situation.  If there is an existing thread, a link to the thread would be greatly appreciated.

So I am currently in need of a new roof for my home and I was ideally looking to see if a Home Equity Loan/LOC is an option for me being about 7 months post bankruptcy in Texas. The house is under my wife's name ONLY and she did not file for bankruptcy as the debt was previous to the marriage. There's is also about 70-80K equity in the house.

Background:

• BK 7 discharged in April 2016.
  • 4/2016 Credit One card with $300 limit. Then recieved an auto LOC increase to $400. Reports $0 - $10 monthly. PIF the day the statement is cut.
  • 5/2016 Currently have a Cap 1 card with a 3K limit. only reporting under 10% usage per month. Mostly under $10. PIF the day the statement is cut.
  • 5/2016 Credit Builder Loan $1000 12 month. Paid the day the statement is cut.

Question:

Do I need to be included on the application given that we are married? If I do need to be included on the application, is it just wasted effort because its only been 7 months since BK?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.