Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Filed Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Filed Chapter 7

So I just filed 5/20/2019.   

I have burned everyone from navy 50k To capital one 10k And all the way to synchrony 60k.  I thought that with the bankruptcy being filed I would never be allowed to get a credit card again.

I have worked on my credit in the past 20 days even though I am not even discharged. I have already had some major items from my report removed and my scores are hovering around 650 pre discharge. 

I said what the heck and applied for a capital one unsecured card. Mind you, I burned them for 10k.  

Guess what?   They approved me for a 300 dollar platinum card with no limit.  

Go figure?  I just wanted to let everyone out there know that there is hope at the end of the tunnel and before you even fully enter it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Just Filed Chapter 7

Cap one is very forgiving, others not so much.

But I highly suggest you wait til AFTER your discharge, you certainly don't want to give any reason for dismissing it.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they seem forgiving. 

I was advised by the attorney that if I applied for a card that it would have no impact on the case.  I figured that asking them would be the best step before I did anything.

What do ya think ? 

Message 3 of 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Well it's best to wait, that way your BK will be reported correctly and so will your accounts.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.  I understand.  Will lay low. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zachm0428 - Congratson your approval, but... I highly suggest you wait until after your discharge to applu for any credit, you don't want to give the trustee any reason for dismissing your case.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Congrats

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.