Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Filed have my 341 meeting on the 10th of Nov

tag
Maingal
Valued Member

Just Filed have my 341 meeting on the 10th of Nov

Just filed Chap 7 have 341 meeting soon, I will be burning NFCU ($5500) and USAA ($1800) sadly. No choice in the matter, I was reading the many post her and I am a bit confused.  I contacted NFCU spoke with their bankruptcy department and was informed I could keep my accounts.  I have my funds in a local bank but would love to go back to NFCU.  Is this too go to be true?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Filed have my 341 meeting on the 10th of Nov

@Maingal wrote:

Just filed Chap 7 have 341 meeting soon, I will be burning NFCU ($5500) and USAA ($1800) sadly. No choice in the matter, I was reading the many post her and I am a bit confused.  I contacted NFCU spoke with their bankruptcy department and was informed I could keep my accounts.  I have my funds in a local bank but would love to go back to NFCU.  Is this too go to be true?

My experience is just from me working at PenFed, if a member caused us a loss they weren't allowed to keep their accounts, in some cases we would let them, but we would never again extend any credit to them. It might be the same with NFCU, they may let you keep your account, but you won't get a loan with them again until you pay back the loss they took. I would also be curious why they would let you keep your account, all the credit unions I worked for would offset any funds in your account when we found out you were filing BK on us, and then lock it down.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.