Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just filed Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just filed Bankruptcy

I truly understand, girlfriend. One thing you need to keep in mind which did not occur to me until the VERY end was that you were working against one major issue that you have absolutely no control over. It is called the "ECONOMY" and it sucks for practically everyone at this time. Hang in there. You will be fine.

As far as that paralegal, I was a paralegal for 23 years before I went back to school and she should be shamed of herself. If I were you, I would mention her attitude the next time I saw my attorney. They work for you!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Angie,

You are so right about "bad things happen to good people". Very few people start out with good credit AND the intention to file bankruptcy. I investigated every possibility before I filed and absolutely hated to do it but I had no choice. Creditors wouldn't work with me, they called constantly, and were vicious and relentless. I filed to give myself peace of mind, pick up the pieces of my life and move on. 

I, too, can now say that I am relieved. No more phone calls and harassment. You do what you have to in order to survive.

Best of luck to anyone in this position.

Message 12 of 14
maggie88
Valued Member

I appreciate the reply on the para-legal. In fact I had to return yesterday back to the offie where my case is in process to be filed. Well I did met the para-legal once again. Once again the harsh attitude started up. But I wasn't in the mood for this. I finally spilled my guts out and told her that I don't appreciate her treating me like a child of 12 years old and being admonished for things I do or don't comprehend. That's what she is being paid for.

She was taken back and believe me I did it right in front of attorney's, receptionist and other para-legals. I explained seniors didn't wish to be doing this, they didn't think it would happen to them. It did. Thanks to the economy. So try and be a bit more understanding with seniors that walk through your doors.

I've  got one more process, the closing finanical test to do before this is in the court.

I've cried the tears, pounded enough pillows, it time that I move on, plan my future and make sure I am more protected than I was in the past. IF anything, this has been one cruel lesson. Good, ugly or bad, sometimes you just have to accept the things that are thrown at you in life, no matter how hard it is and just do the best you can.

Thanks ER Tech...I'm getting stronger and don't feel so beaten up today anyway. LOL  Hugs

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go sister girl, way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the positivity.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.