Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just filed Synchrony Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just filed Synchrony Bank

Just filed c7 last week and noticed that synchrony bank c/o PRA Receivables Management is now listed as a party with me my atty and the trustees. I am worried now. Anyone experienced this?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just filed Synchrony Bank

How far in to the BK are you? I cant answer your question, but my wife and I just paid the lawyer and gave them all the paperwork today. We have 6 accounts with Synchrony that PRA now owns, and they have gotten very aggressive, so BK was our only choice. Ill let you know if I see the same thing happen.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

No worries. Once the file date has been set. Thats it. Game over. Your going to see all kinds of things going on even up to 30 days after DC. Sit back. Relax and let the process play out. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just filed last week. Yes, they are very aggressive. They contacted me 10 times a day before filing. Good luck to you too and keep me posted on your progress.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firemedic Okay maybe I should avoid checking pacer for updates everyday then. Lol im driving myself crazy

Message 5 of 7
2b2rich
Established Contributor

I don't think it's a biggie.  Same thing popped up on mine and I actually have a post in here about it.  Apparently Portfolio has teamed up with Synch to work bankruptcy's where there are assets to be sold and are probably getting a comission from anything Synch ends up getting from the trustee.  I am not positive that is their relationship, but from what I could find after seeing it pop up in my ch 7, that is the best I could come up with since they are legally acting on behalf of Synch.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@firemedic Okay maybe I should avoid checking pacer for updates everyday then. Lol im driving myself crazy

LOL @Anonymous I did the same thing. Wanted that DC ASAP! It will work out. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.