cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just filed on 3/7 and I have several questions..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just filed on 3/7 and I have several questions..

From what I’ve seen, credit bureaus update your credit report with your bankruptcy filing the day after you file because it’s a public record and it immediately has an impact on your credit.
Yes, a change that drastic is normal but it will probably recover a little of that back when your credit report starts reporting your discharge.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just had my 341 meeting last Friday. I indicated on my petition that I was planning to re-affirm my auto lease, and because of that, it did continue to autopay. However, I was still able to access that account online, until AFTER my 341, then it was suddenly locked out and in "special status." I called them and they confirmed that my lease was re-affirmed and would continue to be auto-billed, but that my online access to the account wouldn't resume and it wouldn't report until after my discharge.

Re: credit score dropping...mine did drop right away, but it has gone back up something like 80 points as my accounts started closing and my credit to debt ratio shrunk. Now that all of my accounts are showing closed, it dropped back a little bit, since the age of credit is now non-existent. Less than a week out from my 341 meeting, and my scores have settled between 650-670.

Thanks so much.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

And keep in mind, if you’ve had some of these accounts for a long time, bankruptcy effectively resets your age of credit to zero essentially and that can have a huge impact on your score.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
And keep in mind, if you’ve had some of these accounts for a long time, bankruptcy effectively resets your age of credit to zero essentially and that can have a huge impact on your score.

Oh true!! Yes we have had some a very long time. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.