Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just filed today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just filed today

@azguy13 wrote:

How are you doing, Special? Having any issues with the BK at all? Hopefully all of the phone calls have stopped by now, if you were getting them that is. 

Hey there!! I am good and yes for the most part the phone calls have ceased. So far so good, no issues thus far. I tried to pay car payment online today but access was removed so just did it over the phone. A little bit of attitude from representative but it all worked out. 

Message 11 of 22
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

How are you doing, Special? Having any issues with the BK at all? Hopefully all of the phone calls have stopped by now, if you were getting them that is. 

Hey there!! I am good and yes for the most part the phone calls have ceased. So far so good, no issues thus far. I tried to pay car payment online today but access was removed so just did it over the phone. A little bit of attitude from representative but it all worked out. 

I'm happy to hear it's going well. Sometimes the CSRs can have a slight attitude but to be fair, if I had to deal with as much attitude as they probably get in a day I would be a bit sour too. I really try my hardest not to get too mad at the lower level folks because as well all know, they don't set policy. 

How long has it been since your initial consultation with the attorney where you decided you should file? 

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had initial consultation in late September or early October. We officially filed on 11/22. After consultation met with a few more attorneys before picking her. I had plenty of questions and she has been more then patient and answered them all, in what I feel was honesty. I am all worked up about process, but have really been at ease past week. I know this journey will be full of ups and downs but glad I have this forum as a let out. 

Message 13 of 22
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had initial consultation in late September or early October. We officially filed on 11/22. After consultation met with a few more attorneys before picking her. I had plenty of questions and she has been more then patient and answered them all, in what I feel was honesty. I am all worked up about process, but have really been at ease past week. I know this journey will be full of ups and downs but glad I have this forum as a let out. 

Well, we won't be too far apart so we can go through it together. I have spent the last hour or so researching and trying to come up with a plan post-BK to rebuild. Unfortunately I will burn NFCU but for a relatively small amount. I would try and pay them off right now but I cannot show favor to any creditor. Unfortunately I would not be able to pay everyone at this point so I can pay nobody. 

I'm happy you have a good lawyer. I feel very confident with mine also. We both have a military background, we are both from Wisconsin, and his wife is one of my wife's oncology nurses (occasionally if she is on rotation when DW is admitted). Overall I am happy. 

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, we won't be too far apart so we can go through it together. I have spent the last hour or so researching and trying to come up with a plan post-BK to rebuild. Unfortunately I will burn NFCU but for a relatively small amount. I would try and pay them off right now but I cannot show favor to any creditor. Unfortunately I would not be able to pay everyone at this point so I can pay nobody. 

I'm happy you have a good lawyer. I feel very confident with mine also. We both have a military background, we are both from Wisconsin, and his wife is one of my wife's oncology nurses (occasionally if she is on rotation when DW is admitted). Overall I am happy. 

Sorry to hear about NFCU. I burned USAA to the tune of 43k a personal loan and credit card, so no going back there. They cover our car and home insurance now so I wonder how that will all end? I am a member of NFCU after discharge plan to speak to them and see if I have any options there. I just don't really know where to began so I am spending a lot of time reading and becoming knowledgeable from this forum. 

Message 15 of 22
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about NFCU. I burned USAA to the tune of 43k a personal loan and credit card, so no going back there. They cover our car and home insurance now so I wonder how that will all end? I am a member of NFCU after discharge plan to speak to them and see if I have any options there. I just don't really know where to began so I am spending a lot of time reading and becoming knowledgeable from this forum. 

Data points have suggested that NFCU is willing to work with you if you repay them the money you owe. That may be doable for me later on after discharge and I have made sure to follow my budget and save, but at this point I will worry about that post-discharge. But, as of now I believe I will go with Cap1 within a month or so post-discharge. I had them for years, never missed a payment, and have a pretty goo record with them. The only reason I closed is because they wouldn't budge on my CL when my other limits were growing to $25K+ 

In terms of banks, I will be burning:

Chase - $20k

Amex - $9k

NFCU - $1k

Discover - $10k

Medical Bills - Approx $70k

Unfortunately when DW got sick I had to leave my previous profession of 10 years and take a monster pay cut. But, DWs care was all I was worried about. Unfortunately it was in an area with a ridiculous cost of living and it has been close to 3 years now. 3 years ago today I was debt free but had a terrible insurance plan. 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Data points have suggested that NFCU is willing to work with you if you repay them the money you owe. That may be doable for me later on after discharge and I have made sure to follow my budget and save, but at this point I will worry about that post-discharge. But, as of now I believe I will go with Cap1 within a month or so post-discharge. I had them for years, never missed a payment, and have a pretty goo record with them. The only reason I closed is because they wouldn't budge on my CL when my other limits were growing to $25K+ 

In terms of banks, I will be burning:

Chase - $20k

Amex - $9k

NFCU - $1k

Discover - $10k

Medical Bills - Approx $70k

Unfortunately when DW got sick I had to leave my previous profession of 10 years and take a monster pay cut. But, DWs care was all I was worried about. Unfortunately it was in an area with a ridiculous cost of living and it has been close to 3 years now. 3 years ago today I was debt free but had a terrible insurance plan. 

I totally understand. My husband and I had good incomes, then he got sick had to take time of work. And the time off just progressed eventually he was out of work and once feeling better about 6months or so later, he couldn't find a job to pay him the kind of money he was making. It has been a struggle the last 2 years so it all just seemed inevitable. So our priority now is stay within budget. 

Message 17 of 22
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

I had my initial consultation Yesterday. My attorney is filing in the morning. It's been along time coming for me I have $67k in debt .

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 22
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Good luck Kaylord! Keep us updated on how it goes. 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed 11/28/2016.  Very nerve racking for me, but after the ink was on the paper, I felt instant relief.  Good luck on your journey.  

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.