Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just met with lawyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just met with lawyer

Just got done meeting with my lawyer and he said we can file for chapter 7.As soon as I pay him 900$
What i wanna know is, how easy is it to get a car after the bankruptcy is all done?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Just met with lawyer

Do you have a car now that you dont want to keep? You'll get 5-10 mailers from all over to finance a car after filing. Of course they all have high interest rates.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have a 2012 Mercedes but I’m behind 3 month but my lawyer told me to hold on to the car till he files for bankruptcy.
I still own 15000$ on it
Message 3 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I have a 2012 Mercedes but I’m behind 3 month but my lawyer told me to hold on to the car till he files for bankruptcy.
I still own 15000$ on it

Ouch.....Yes it's probably best to let that go. Can you get a car after BK, sure lenders know you can't file BK again for quite some time.  Your interest rates will be on the higher end so you need to be careful and make sure you don't get stuck with a high end loan and a high payment.

Not sure of the details of your circumstances on filing BK, just make sure you have a plan and a budget and dont go jumping in on a loan you can't afford. There are plenty of used cars that you can choose from  with affordable payments. 

Good luck 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good I feel really relieved after I meet with my lawyer today.
What credit card do you get to rebuild your credit.
I’m in good standing with capital one but I guess I will lose them too.
Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Best advice. Get the BK process going and over with. Then its best to wait 30 days after DC for your reports to update correctly and then get that score bump from being debt free before making any moves. Dont put the cart before the horse just yet. First things first grasshopper.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.