cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just out of BK7 and UP 28 PTS!!!

tag
peachy2

Just out of BK7 and UP 28 PTS!!!

I guess it is appropriate for my first entry to be in the BK section.  I have spent the past two months reading and absorbing all of the information on this forum.  I must say that I have learned so much thus far, but regret not finding this sooner.  Maybe I could have saved myself before BK7.  My journey begins like so many…good income, mortgage, car note, student loans, and relatively small cc debt (<$5k) and then in 2011 laid off.  I spent 2+ years making 45% less than I was previously making and I just could never catch up.  I found myself underwater by $80k in my mortgage, almost maxed out cc, and jumping on and off deferment of my student loans.  The worst was that my car was nearly repo’d while I was ‘robbing Peter to pay Paul’.  We were drowning and found myself personally disappointed for where I ended up. 

I decided to finally pull the plug 10/13 when I ended up in court facing a foreclosure sale.  Up until that point I was already thinking about BK7 and had been paying a retainer to a BK Firm that I found on www.legalzoom.com.  I filed for BK 1/14 and was discharged 4/14.  Thankfully, I got an unbelievable start back on the road to financial recovery, 1. Finding this forum and 2. Getting a new job with more than I was making 3 years ago! 

Just after my discharge, I was reluctant to pull my credit report.  I was afraid that my score would be critically low and that I would never be able to climb out of this hole I dug for myself.  After finding this site and reading http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-..., I officially joined myFico and pulled all three CRA scores.  They were not as bad as I thought, but certainly not great either (listed below). 

…the best part!  I have student loans that are reporting as 6 separate loans.  Prior to BK7 I was paying 4 in Rehab (that I was able to complete the required 9 months prior to filing) and they immediately were transferred to a servicing company.  The other 2 were deferred prior to BK7 filing.  After I filing in 1/14 all 6 loans went into deferment.  Once they all started reporting again with a clean payment history, my score jumped 23 pts to 607.  This is just the kick start that I need!  I am beyond excited and anxious to begin rebuilding.

BK Burned: Chase and Capital One

FICO 4/14: EQ 579 – TU 551 – EX 583

FICO 6/14: EQ 611

Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 611
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.