cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Week At Navy Federal (NFCU). Any questions?

tag
chosen4th
Contributor

Re: Last Week At Navy Federal (NFCU). Any questions?

Is there ANY way to get into NFCU without being a veteran or having someone in family/household? ( both of my grandfathers were but have been deceased for atleast 15 years)

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought you could join even if the vet was deceased? My dad and both my grandfathers were in but they're all deceased as well.
Message 12 of 37
rbentley
Established Contributor

I became a NFCU member in February based on my deceased Father's service.

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chosen4th wrote:

Is there ANY way to get into NFCU without being a veteran or having someone in family/household? ( both of my grandfathers were but have been deceased for atleast 15 years)

If a grandparent served in the military, you are eligible as an immediate family member of a veteran. You can't join online this way, but you can join in-branch or over the phone. In-branch is slightly better, as you won't have to worry about things getting mailed to you (e.g. membership agreement, debit card, etc.).

Message 14 of 37
chosen4th
Contributor

what kind of info on the deceased relative would i need to bring with me?

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a specific question in regards to a CLI on a credit card account with a BK 1-2 years old. Is the maximum line restricted to $1,000 only for initial starting lines or also for any CLI requests in-between 1-2 years?

For example, someone has a 1 year old BK and gets approved for the maximum $1,000. In 6 months, they apply for a CLI. Will the CLI request at 18 months post BK be denied due to already being at $1,000 or is there a chance for increase because the $1,000 restriction actually only applies to initial credit lines?

Message 16 of 37
RammaCredit
New Contributor

Hi Leonel9,

Congrats on the new gig. I just joined NFCU and was wondering if they auto approve you for CC/LOC at time of membership acceptance? . 

Will I have to apply and take another hard inquiry?

Starting Score: TU:636 EQ:592
Current Score: TU:709 EQ:637 EX:706 (PSECU)
Goal Score: TU:790EQ:760 EX: 774

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 37
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

I recently joined Navy and have a low credit score and a few collections. Is there a certain threshold I need to clear before I have a good chance of being approved for a CC or CLOC?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

When it comes to the CLOC, how often can you ask for a CLI?  I've had mine going on 90 days about to get the third statement with it, I was wondering if I should request a CLI or wait?  Is there a limit to the amount granted due to being post bankruptcy? I'm at 1 year from filing date, 7/11/18 will be one year from discharge date.  

Message 19 of 37
princessminor
Contributor

Not sure If I'm late with my  quesiton, but I see everyone recommend NFCU.  My husband was in the reserves back in the day and received an honorable discharge.  Will he be eligible do you know?  Thanks in advance.

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.