cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Week At Navy Federal (NFCU). Any questions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Last Week At Navy Federal (NFCU). Any questions?

leonel9 

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have one week left at NFCU before I move on to another job I recently accepted. Does anyone have any burning questions about Navy Federal I could try to research/answer before I no longer have access to back office employees? Just throwing it out there.

will nfcu let you be an authorized user if you filed for bk7?

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

leonel9 

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have one week left at NFCU before I move on to another job I recently accepted. Does anyone have any burning questions about Navy Federal I could try to research/answer before I no longer have access to back office employees? Just throwing it out there.

Yes. I am one, on three different accounts.

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was super nice of you...thank you and best wishes at the new gig!

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

leonel9 

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. I am one, on three different accounts.

thank you for your response. and thats good news for me lol

Message 34 of 37
princessminor
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@princessminor wrote:

Not sure If I'm late with my  quesiton, but I see everyone recommend NFCU.  My husband was in the reserves back in the day and received an honorable discharge.  Will he be eligible do you know?  Thanks in advance.

Your husband is a veteran, and so he is therefore eligible. You are too, as an immediate family member of a veteran. If you're near a branch, I would bring in his veterans ID and open up your account(s) in person. The veterans ID isn't required, but it certainly makes things easier in case there's doubt.

So sorry leonel9 just seeing the reply.  Thanks so much for responding.  I don't think he's a veteran only becuase I think he was in the reserves for only 1 yr with an honorable discharge.  Can you be a veteran with only 1 yr service?  Thanks in advance.

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@princessminor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@princessminor wrote:

Not sure If I'm late with my  quesiton, but I see everyone recommend NFCU.  My husband was in the reserves back in the day and received an honorable discharge.  Will he be eligible do you know?  Thanks in advance.

Your husband is a veteran, and so he is therefore eligible. You are too, as an immediate family member of a veteran. If you're near a branch, I would bring in his veterans ID and open up your account(s) in person. The veterans ID isn't required, but it certainly makes things easier in case there's doubt.

So sorry leonel9 just seeing the reply.  Thanks so much for responding.  I don't think he's a veteran only becuase I think he was in the reserves for only 1 yr with an honorable discharge.  Can you be a veteran with only 1 yr service?  Thanks in advance.

He should be fine if he has an honorable discharge. There are a few ways to define a veteran which I won't get too much into (e.g. anyone who was a servicemember vs. someone who was active duty for X amount of days). If proof was requested (unlikely), a DD214 showing an honorable discharge would be that proof.

Message 36 of 37
princessminor
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@princessminor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@princessminor wrote:

He should be fine if he has an honorable discharge. There are a few ways to define a veteran which I won't get too much into (e.g. anyone who was a servicemember vs. someone who was active duty for X amount of days). If proof was requested (unlikely), a DD214 showing an honorable discharge would be that proof.

Thanks for info leonel9!  He has the honorable discharge certificate as proof.  Will look into this.

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.