Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments after filing but before discharge

tag
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

Re: Late Payments after filing but before discharge

thanks !  so you think those C/O after my filing realling are counting against me? if the C/O shows for that month ( may 07) then you think that is ok too?

if it is I am ok with that as long as it is correct..I am now going to go to experian website and dispute the ones that shouldnt be there...

wish me luck!

and thanks for helping!

Message 11 of 36
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Yep, month of filing late/co notations are ok, but they should be the last.  No if you reaffirmed any of these accounts and were late, they can report that.  But I recall you did't reaffirm your mortgage so that late shouldn't be there.  The CO after filing are counting against you, so definitely work on getting the post bk ones off your reports.  Good luck.  And if you're disputing online, make sure you print out your results when you get them.  You want to keep a paper trail of everything when dealing with credit repair.  Good luck!

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 12 of 36
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

thanks .,..just what I thought..but what is strange is that it shows included in bk...and it shows a zero balance...but 3 months after the filing and this showing zero balance and included in bankruptcy and most recently incidentally a C/O  just appeared jan 09????there is not a balance because was cleared off due to bk so why are they doing this???  If I don't count the ones showing 5/07 there are like14???

will let you know the status of my score when this all gets taken off.

thanks for the help ..you are the best!

Message 13 of 36
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Definitely not the best, just been there myself and did the same thing you did.  Found salvation within these forums.  But thanks for the compliment. 

Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian is SO messed up!!! I don't know what to do now. I disputed the late pays/CO's that show up AFTER my filing date. I did this 3 days ago. I just pulled the dispute report today and it shows ALL have been verified and updated with the NO CHANGE. BUT....now some are showing that my BK occured in May of 2006 (when it was actually September of 2006!) and those are scheduled to drop off in May of 2013! Should I let this go since they will now fall off earlier than expected? Or should I show them proof? How bad is it hurting me to have late pays from 2006  before my BK was discharged? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Message 15 of 36
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

misti

they did that to me too..it said verified and unchanged..I don't understand how it can be verified when it is black and white when we filed...but as far as the may 06 ..yes theydid that to me too by moving it up a month..but yes that makes it to have been late more long ago and that benefited us...they actually have a month showing as a chargeoff when I actually had an ok for an on time payment but like i said it benefited us..

sometimes it may be better call..they did take off a few of my lates and charge offs that were showing after my bk and it upped my score about 5 points...but i have like 6 other accounts like this that say pending..will let you know the outcome...if you have to call to get someone to understand ..do it..it is YOUR credit they are affecting...do what you have to do..but be nice!!  or they won't do anything at all,

good luck

Message 16 of 36
kjm79
Valued Contributor

LindaLu and misti -

For any accounts that came/come back verified then write the OC.  Notify them that they are incorrectly reporting lates and co's after the date you filed for bk and politely request them to remove the lates and co's that are incorrectly reporting.  Like:

Dear OC -

I filed for Ch ___ BK on such and such date.  According to my cr(s) from EX, EQ, TU, OC name has continued to report late payments/co's after the date the BK was filed in violation of the stay order.  OC is prohibited from reporting lates/co's after the date of filing.  I'm sure this is just an oversight on OC's part.  Please immediately update the account to accurately reflect that no late payments/co's occurred after the date of filing.

Attach a copy of your notice of filing that shows what chapter you filed and the date of filing.  I would also send a copy of how the account is reporting (not the whole report, just the page the account appears on with all other info redacted).  I had an OC say that what I was claiming they were reporting was not what they had in their file.  I sent a snapshot of how the account was reporting and a week later it was corrected.  I would also send this at least by certified mail so you can track it, I personally would do CMRRR.  The OC's may have just verified with the CRA's that yes, it was included in BK and didn't address the inaccurate lates or co's.  Keep at it.

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Linda and kjm Smiley Happy Do you think I should leave the ones alone that now say May 06 instead of September 06? Those may help me. What do you think I should do for those?
Message 18 of 36
kjm79
Valued Contributor

In my opinion, if they are still reporting lates or collections that shouldn't be there I'd make them remove them.  It did make them appear older and thus has a little less impact on your score, but removing it altogether would be even better.  Also, jsut because the account is showing the BK was in May versus Sep, that doesn't mean the account will necessarily fall off any sooner.  The date of first delinquency determines the fall off date.  I imagine you had lates prior to your bk on some of these accounts, so your dofd would be prior to your bk anyway.  The date you filed bk doesn't affect the fall off date of an account unless the account was current and then you filed, then the date of filing bk is the dofd.  

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!! Thank you so much kjm!!! I will contact the OC's on this Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.