Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment 1 month after filing ch 13. Trying to get FHA loan in 12 months

tag
Reazon
New Contributor

Late payment 1 month after filing ch 13. Trying to get FHA loan in 12 months

Hello,
Thank you all, I've been looking around for awhile and gained some great knowledge.

I filed ch 13 July 31 2018, I had a 30 day late hit my report in October,, long story, it's my fault, but everything is caught up now.

Question is, did I just kill my chances on obtaining a FHA loan with the 30 day late payment?

I understand that I need 12 on time payments while on ch 13 for the FHA application.

I've been talking to a lender that claims not to have any overlays, and they say this late payment is definitely a deal killer..
Any knowledge out there would be appreciated.
Thanks
CSP 726/5K
AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/2K
Lowe's 0/17K
CAPONE QS 0/$750
DISCOVER IT SECURED 0/$300
RC WILLEY 0/$300
EX FICO 8= 711
EQ FICO 8= 735
TU FICO 8= 727
AS OF 05/12/2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Late payment 1 month after filing ch 13. Trying to get FHA loan in 12 months

Is the late on your trustee payments or some other account that was not included in you BK? I do know you must show the last 12 consecutive months of ontime  payments to the trustee as well as 12 months of ontime rent, but not sure how another account late may affect it. If you are talking about the trustee payment I think it would only push you back a month until you can show the last 12 where ontime and paid by or before the due date. When I first started paying, we were not sure of the due date so the first few payments did not go in on time. I did not try to get approval until after o had discharged so my situation is not the same as you describe so not exactly the same.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 6
Reazon
New Contributor

Re: Late payment 1 month after filing ch 13. Trying to get FHA loan in 12 months

Unfortunately, this late is on a line of credit account with my credit union.
I was told not to have any lates after filing if I'm trying to get into an FHA loan during the ch 13.

I haven't been late to the trustee. Just the line of credit
CSP 726/5K
AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/2K
Lowe's 0/17K
CAPONE QS 0/$750
RC WILLEY 0/$300
EX FICO 8= 711
EQ FICO 8= 735
TU FICO 8= 727
AS OF 05/12/2019
Message 3 of 6
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

It depends on what lender you apply with. Most will struggle due to that late payment, but my company will only require 12 months of consecutive on time payments, a good LOE (letter of explanation), and approval from the Trustee.

NOTE: If you are late again, the 12 month clock starts all over again. So be diligent

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 4 of 6
Reazon
New Contributor

I appreciate your replies.
I'm in Utah, could you help me here?
If not do you know of anyone that can?
CSP 726/5K
AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/2K
Lowe's 0/17K
CAPONE QS 0/$750
RC WILLEY 0/$300
EX FICO 8= 711
EQ FICO 8= 735
TU FICO 8= 727
AS OF 05/12/2019
Message 5 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lates after a BK are really bad, not gonna lie. Even that one little 30 day oops late, will set you back because now that late will stay on your credit reports for 7 years, and follows the DOFD rule.

Your clock starts over, so its imperative you have good payments from here on out.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.