cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less than a month after discharge, rebuild going great!!!

tag
anniea4001
Regular Contributor

Less than a month after discharge, rebuild going great!!!

I filled for chapter 7 back in Dec 2020 received my discharge about 2 weeks ago. 

The day after the discharge reported to the RA, I applied for CapOne's Platinum no AF card and was pprovded for 3k.

I had been checkin the pre approval site since I filed and was preapproved.

I have been looking for suggestions on a 2nd card for my rebuild and someone mentioned Ollo a couple of weeks ago but as I understand that is an invite only card. So with my car loan, student loans and my new card I was not applying on applying for anything else in hopes that my TomoCard decides to finally report to all bureaus. Not doing so yet.

I logged into credit karma today and there it is, my Ollo pre approval. Approved for $500.00 with a TU pull. Silly limit compared to CapOne but I am amazed of how easy it has been to get credit so soon after my discharge.

Before filling, the only one that would extend me credit was Credit One until I decided to apply for secured card with Discover, which eventually graduated from $400 to 2k. Not even CapOne wanted me even thou I paid them every penny I owed them from 2 charge offs from like 5 years ago. This was before I even decided to file. 

Now to garden for a few months I go before I apply for my next card.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Less than a month after discharge, rebuild going great!!!

Great job on your rebuild

Message 2 of 7
anniea4001
Regular Contributor

Update. Ollo pulled TU and EX. And just today my EX went up another 18pts. Currently sitting at 621. For some reason I didn't get the notification but Ollo pulled the most recent score. 

I think this is the highest my EX has been in a while, since before BK. 

With some accts reporting charge off every darn month it was dragging my score thru the mud even though I was behaving great after my charge offs. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work so far! I would recommend checking your credit reports monthly to ensure accuracy and proper reporting.

Message 4 of 7
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Well done! Just sit tight and watch the scores go up and up before your eyes and then see a bit of slowdown long term. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 7
angelofmusic86
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild so far!  Sit back, enjoy the garden for now, and best of luck in your future rebuild!

CH7 Filed 05.01.2020; Discharged 10.21.2020

10.22.2020 FICO8 Scores: EQ 615 TU 560 EX 581
06.28.2023 FICO8 Scores: EQ 663 TU 663 EX 661

Rebuild progress: Kohl's $3,000; CapitalOne QS $0AF $3,600; CreditOne Rewards $700; CapitalOne Walmart MC $3,000; Overdraft Line $250; PenFed PCR $10,000; Kemba Visa $3,500; CreditOne $0AF AMEX $1,500; Target RedCard $1,200; paid off reaffirmed car loan!; Wells Fargo Active Cash $1,500; Comenity Ultamate Rewards MC $4,250; CapitalOne Savor One $3,000; Amazon Store Card $3,600; CareCredit $7,400; Synchrony TJ Maxx Mastercard $3,500; Well's Fargo Reflect Visa $3,500; Levin Furniture $7,400
Gardening until December 2023.
Message 6 of 7
anniea4001
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. 

I am beyond thrilled. just with the 3k CapOne approval, that is the highest starting limit I have ever been approved for even before my financial problems started. 

Now with these 2 cards, my auto loan and my 3 student loans I will be gardening for a few months.

And I now have access to my reports via MyFico as well as other free services so I will keep an eye on those. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.