cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lien Stripped HELOC on Credit Report More Than Seven Years After Chapter 13 Filing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lien Stripped HELOC on Credit Report More Than Seven Years After Chapter 13 Filing

It has been more than 7 years after filing a now closed, discharged Chapter 13 bankruptcy.  The public record of the Chapter 13 and all but one account that was included in my Chapter 13 have been removed from my credit reports.  The only item that remains on my credit reports is a HELOC that was lien stripped and deemed an unsecured debt to be paid by my Chapter 13.  How should the HELOC be showing on my credit reports since it is more than 7 years after Chapter 13 filing?  I have filed disputes with 2 of the credit reporting agencies stating the HELOC should have been removed my credit reports.  I supplied them court documents from my Chapter 13.  But they have concluded their investigations without making any changes.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Lien Stripped HELOC on Credit Report More Than Seven Years After Chapter 13 Filing

This is a good one for @RobertEG. You think after 7 yrs a derog should fall off. Welcome and wait for Rob. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Re: Lien Stripped HELOC on Credit Report More Than Seven Years After Chapter 13 Filing

OP, I'd contact my lawyer ASAP. sounds like a violation of the D/C injunction.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'll ping @RobertEG to step in when he has a free minute on his expertiseSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.