Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life after Ch7 BK - 8 months post discharge

tag
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Life after Ch7 BK - 8 months post discharge

Hey guys, last month I posted about NFCU making my $5000 secured card unsecured. This past month has been great!

NFCU product changed my nRewards to the Go Rewards Signature Visa with an increase of $3200. So I started with $5k secured nRewards, now it’s $8.2k unsecured Go Rewards V.S. in 8 months. Then Disco upgraded my card also from secured to unsecured. Discover won’t increase the limit yet, but no biggy!

What I did? Use the cards heavy every month, paid them off in full each. I will be honest, some month balances were still reporting on my report at 50% UTL but the bank had a record of me paying the cards off every month in full.

Just wanted to update for points. NFCU won’t give me a secured car Loan after Bk. But they don’t mind giving me an $8200 unsecured credit card. Lol *shrugs*

Started from the bottom now I'm here. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Life after Ch7 BK - 8 months post discharge

Congrats on the double grads. Things are only going to get better from here on out. You just made in up the hill. Now the other side will get easier on your road to recovery. Way to go!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful story! Thank you for sharing with us! Good Job!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your rebuild! So much success only 8 months post discharge is great, I hope to have a successful rebuild like you. Smiley Happy Best of luck!

Message 4 of 6
Jesse1043
New Visitor

Congratulations !!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Fx! I actually stumbled upon your reading a post about you getting myjewelerclub and new coast direct. What kind of increase did you see due to both of those? did you keep a balance every month and pay those off or did you let them have 0 utilization? 

I just got with navy federal yesterday. What was your profile like to get those high limit cards and what steps did you take?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.