Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of finance companies use post bk

tag
empressj
Frequent Contributor

List of finance companies use post bk

Hi,

Is there a list of finance companies that worked with you post bk? If s, where can this be found. If no, can one be created?

I'm ask because my DC is approaching fast and I feel unprepared. TIA!
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List of finance companies use post bk

What is it that you want to do? Are you after a car or a house or do you just want to rebuild? 

Message 2 of 5
empressj
Frequent Contributor

I'm looking to get another car and was interested in banks who work with people post DC. 

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Unions would be your best bet. They tend to be a bit more generous and forgiving than banks. Their interest rates are usually pretty good too. I use a local Credit Union for checking and a credit builder loan.

I burned 2 big banks in my BK. What prompted my BK is that I had a hardship and instead of my bank working with me to pay it back, they raised my monthly minimum as a result of the hardship. Jerks...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say Capital One is a good place to start right out of bankruptcy.  They have proven to be very bankruptcy friendly,  sometimes giving some pretty suprising rates right out of bk.  However,  sometimes for unknown reason they deny some people, so your results may vary.

As far as personal experience I have financed three cars since my discharge.  The first with Capital one 3 months post discharge, the next two were around 2-3 years post dischange one with Volkswagen Credit, and the other with M&T Bank.

You might also find some useful information looking through the big auto loan approval thread in the auto section, a lot of people put their bankruptcy status with their approvals.  Good Luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.